Everybody wants to have a set of shining sparkling white teeth. It can make anyone appear to be more attractive, healthy and younger looking. Having yellow teeth makes many people to avoid smiling in public because of the poor color quality of their teeth.
Why Do You Get Yellow Teeth?
In time, teeth gradually become yellow due to aging process, poor dental hygiene or excessive consumption of tea, coffee,cigarettes and tobacco.
Also, high doses of antibiotics, infection, climatic conditions or improper metabolism can contribute to discoloring of teeth.
People long for having white looking shiny teeth and usually they seek help from their dentists. Such treatments take time and can be very expensive and many cannot afford them.
But,there is a hope. There are some home natural remedies for teeth whitening that you can try on, and you’ll say good buy to the old yellow teeth you’ve had.
Baking soda is one of the best ingredients and most used to get rid of yellow teeth. It will help remove the plaque and will make your teeth to appear as pearly white.
- Mix a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda with a little toothpaste. Brush your teeth with this mixture and rinse with warm water. Use it once or twice a week.
- Alternatively, you can combine baking soda with lemon juice, white vinegar or hydrogen peroxide.
- You can make a whitening mouthwash by mixing 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 1/2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide of 3%, with one cup of cold water. Rinse with the mouthwash two or three times a day.
- You may also scrub your teeth gently for at least 2 minutes with diluted baking soda. Do this twice in the first week, and then every 15 days. Note that excess use of baking soda can strip your teeth of its natural enamel.
Orange Peel As Help
Cleaning your teeth with a fresh orange peel on a regular basis will reduce the yellow tinge accumulated upon your teeth.
- Rub orange peel over your teeth every night before going to sleep. The vitamin C and calcium in the orange peel will combat the microorganisms throughout the night.
- Do this for a few weeks and you will notice effective results.
- If fresh orange peel is not available, you can use dried orange peel powder.
The mild bleaching effect of hydrogen peroxide can help make yellow teeth white again.
- Rinse and gargle with a mouthwash that has hydrogen peroxide of 3%(medicinal use). Make sure NOT to swallow it.
- You can also make a paste of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide and gently brush your teeth with it.
- Later, brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste.
Use hydrogen peroxide with extra caution as it can cause irritation of the gums and make your teeth sensitive.
Strawberries As Option
Strawberries contain a good amount of vitamin C which helps make your teeth whiter.
- Grind a few strawberries into a paste. Rub the paste on your teeth gently. If done twice daily for a few weeks, the yellow tinge on your teeth will vanish.
- Another option is to mix the pulp of one strawberry with one-half teaspoon of baking soda and spread the mixture onto your teeth and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse out your mouth and brush your teeth with toothpaste to get rid of any residue.
Salt is one of the fundamental dental cleansing agents that has been used for ages. It helps replenish lost mineral content in the teeth and helps revive their white color.
- You can use common salt regularly each morning as a tooth powder instead of toothpaste. Another option is to mix common salt with charcoal and brush your teeth with it regularly.
- You can also mix common salt with baking soda and gently rub it on your teeth.
Be extra careful using salt as it can cause damage to your gums and tooth enamel if used roughly.
Lemon has bleaching properties and can also help get rid of having yellow teeth. Gargling with lemon juice and scrubbing your teeth with lemon peel is one of the best ways to make your teeth white again.
- Mix few drops of lemon juice and some salt.
- Apply the mixture on the stained teeth and rub the paste vigorously over your teeth and gums.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Do this twice daily for about two weeks to get rid of tartar and the yellow discoloration.
Eating apples is not good only for your health, but for your teeth too! An apple can scrub your teeth like a toothbrush and make them looking whiter.
- Try to eat one or two apples per day if you want to get rid of that yellow stain accumulated upon your teeth.
- Chew thoroughly so that the acidic nature of the apple and it’s fiber-rich rough flesh get ample time to work on your teeth.
You can also eat other crunchy food items such as raw carrots, cucumbers or broccoli.
Charcoal is one of the best known home remedies for yellow teeth. It has a powerful crystal-based chemical that whitens teeth.
- Mix some charcoal powder with your regular toothpaste and gently brush your teeth.
- Do this twice daily to make your teeth sparkling white.
- If you don’t have charcoal, you can use the ashes of burnt bread and burnt rosemary to make your teeth whiter.
As you can see there are plenty of home remedies for teeth whitening and it’s up to you which one you’ll choose!
- 7 Tips How To Clean Grout And Tiles In Natural Way
- 13 Household Items That Can Sparkle Your Jewelry In No Time
- Have You Ever Tried These Amazing Baking Soda Beauty Uses
- Why You Should Brush Your Teeth More Than Once
- Tips On How To Say Goodbye To Pimples