Willpower is defined as inner strength, enabling us to make decisions, wishes or plans, and to carry them out in real life.
What is stopping you from achieving your goals? Is it maybe your negative inner dialogue?
If you observe your thoughts, you’ll see that your inner talk almost never stops. Sometimes, you create events in your mind that didn’t even happened, and you live through them emotionally as they’ve occured.
It is negative self talk lead by fear of loss or un-accomplishment…and nothing else. You may feel down, hopeless, with low motivation levels, angry or even anxious.
That’s what negative inner talk does.
And it is time to lose it!
What You Should Do
Well, for beginning – stop it.
Stop considering your inner messages and switch them right this minute. You should:
- Understand your inner talk and try to understand what triggers it
- Try to alter all negative messages you’re sending to yourself
- And of course, try to switch them for positive ones, even if it means to read all day long positive quotes on the Net
Be your own positive mental coach.
Understand The Root Of Your Inner Messages
For this one, you may have to dig deeply in your life and your experiences, discovering why you have so much negative pattern within.
Many of them may evolve from your earliest life experiences and identifications with your parental figures. Was someone missing in your life, or you were abused as a child?
Either physically or verbally?
People have different life stories, and in their inability to resolve past issues, most often turn to therapists. And it is perfectly OK and recommendable.
Seeking help isn’t shameful!
Lucky are those who had positive life experiences which become their life messages they can carry on and live by.
It Is Time For Altering Negative Messages To Positive Ones
Positive affirmations will enhance your willpower and transform your mode of thinking. Try to do some positive coaching to yourself by altering all the the negative messages deriving from your mind.
You can start with this:
- I own my life
- I have goals
- People believe in me
- My parents supported me in everything
- I love competition as it moves me forward
- I always figure my way out
- I not a victim – I am a survivor
- I am a winner
And you can continue with whatever’s valuable to you, so you can boost your willpower step by step.
This is an ongoing process and you need to monitor your thoughts closely. You have to be fully aware of present time and work on issues one by one.
There’s no hurry in this process.
Take it slow, and measure your success every step of the way.
Make A Plan
If you want to succeed in this – you need a plan.
- Try to set up simple and clear goals – day by day
- Whenever you have time and energy to focus – plan a change
- Record all changes – use a diary if necessary
- Find motivation wherever you see a possibility for it
- Work with people that motivate you
- Support other people with similar issues
No matter what – keep your inner talk always positive!
You can follow these simple steps so you can get to your positive dialogue within, and if you are persistent enough – they will shape your life with lot of happiness and fulfillment.
Enjoy The Silence
There is nothing better than silence. It will to calm your mind and direct it to non-talking mode.
Try to meditate.
It has always been the best mind medicine for avoiding inner talk.
We, people, have anywhere between 60,000 to 80,000 thoughts each day, and quieting our turbulent mind, only creates blank spots upon which we can paint a positive internal conversation.
When the mind is still, it becomes a fertile field that is receptive to the seeds we plant there.
Bring some clarity to your mind, so you can see things in a more “life – essential” way.
Gratitude has always been a powerful mental state. Being grateful for the things life has offered, is something you should bless all the time.
For all the good and bad things, as they’ve offered a lesson, which hopefully you’ve learned.
When you put your attention on things you can be grateful for, it automatically shift you out of a negative mentality environment.
Simply repeat what you are grateful for.
And that’s it.
Let those positive thoughts wonder free in the Universe and wait for positive outcome.
Do this no matter what. When even one negative thought appears – switch it to positive one. Train your mind and willpower yourself.
It takes some mental work to do – not to say: play some mind games. It is difficult, we know, as there’s no doubt that negativity is so widespread in our modern world.
Wherever you look, there seems to be no end to it.
Avoid negative energy, as it can be contagious and pollute your internal dialogue with fear, anger, and other dense mental states.
It is difficult to avoid it, but always try to stay consciously aware, and refocus your attention FAR AWAY from negativity.
Use Positive Affirmations
Always use them.
They have so much power within – you can’t imagine. Practice them for a longer period, and you’ll see changes happening.
Affirmations help us replace our old, stale and obsolete mental state with new and more inspiring ideas.
Say to yourself:
- I am full with energy and overflowing with joy
- My body, mind and soul are in perfect balance
- I am superior to negative thoughts
- I utilize my talents every day
- I have forgiven to those who harmed me in my life
- I am full of compassion
- My business is growing and expanding day by day
- My marriage is blissful and blooming
- I choose to be happy
- My potential to succeed is infinite
- I am courageous and I stand up for myself
- My thoughts are filled with positivity
- My life is full of prosperity
- I am blessed to have an incredible family and amazing friends
- I am confident
- Difficult times are only a short phase of life
- I wake up every day with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind
- My life and future are just beginning
And no matter what – stay true to yourself.
Your heart knows it best!
Will-powering isn’t an easy and fast process. It takes time and a lot of energy, but if you are focused enough – at the end – you will succeed.
Just keep on trying!
- Try These Affirmations And See How Your Life Is Changing
- How To Practice Stress Free Living
- 5 Best Ways To Clear Your Mind And Continue With Life
- How To Stay Positive And Happy By Remodeling Your Thoughts
- Which Type Of Toxic People You Should Get Rid Of