Himalayan salt is rock salt or halite from a mine in the Punjab region of Pakistan, which rises from the Indo-Gangetic Plain. It is mined in the Khewra Salt Mine, located in Khewra, Jhelum District, province of Punjab. The foothills of the Salt Range are located 190 miles (310 km) from the Himalayas, 160 miles (260 km) from Lahore, and 185 miles (298 km) from Amritsar, India.
The salt sometimes occurs in a reddish or pink color, with some crystals having an off-white to transparent color.
Himalayan crystal salt is far superior to traditional iodized salt. Himalayan salt is millions of years old and pure, untouched by many of the toxins and pollutants that pervade other forms of ocean salt.
Known in the Himalayas as “white gold”,Himalayan Crystal Salt contains the same 84 natural minerals and elements found in the human body. This form of salt has also been maturing over the past 250 million years under intense tectonic pressure, creating an environment of zero exposure to toxins and impurities.
Himalayan salt’s unique cellular structure allows it to store vibrational energy. Its minerals exist in a colloidal form, meaning that they are tiny enough for our cells to easily absorb.
- Controlling the water levels within the body, regulating them for proper functioning
- Promoting stable pH balance in the cells, including the brain.
- Encouraging excellent blood sugar health
- Aiding in reducing the common signs of aging
- Promoting cellular hydroelectric energy creation
- Promoting the increased absorption capacities of food elements within the intestinal tract
- Aiding vascular health
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Lowering incidence of sinus problems, and promoting over-all sinus health
- Reducing cramps
- Increasing bone strength
- Naturally promoting healthy sleep patterns
- Creating a healthy libido
- Circulator support
- Promotes kidney and gall bladder health when compared to common chemically-treated salt
It is commonly used in cooking, in place of other table salt, in brine, and for bath products such as bath salts.Blocks of salt are also used as serving dishes and in the preparation of food. Fish and some meats can be preserved for use in certain dishes, and blocks of salt can be slowly heated to a temperature of around 200 °C (400 °F) and used as a cooking surface thereafter.
Large crystal rocks, mined in Europe and Asia, are also used as salt lamps. Most of such lamps on the market are made of colored salt rocks mined in Poland, Pakistan (the area of Kashmir) and Iran (Esfahan).
A salt lamp is a lamp carved from a larger salt crystal, often colored, with an incandescent light bulb or a candle inside. The lamps give an attractive glow and are suitable for use as nightlights or for ambient mood lighting. When illuminated, salt crystals emit a soft glowing light. It is believed that Himalayan salt lamps help in a way as:
- cleanse and deodorize the air
- reduce asthma and allergy symptoms
- eases coughing
- increase energy levels
- neutralize electromagnetic radiation
- better sleep
- improve mood and concentration
- reduce static electricity in the air
- 12 Crystals You Can Use To Improve Your Health And Happiness
- Quinoa And Avocado Salad
- Amazing Black Rice Salad With Kale And Beetroot
- Seven Vegetable Juice
- These Are The Secrets That Healthy People Hide