Priority-Fashion Or Health?
Nothing makes a women feel sexier as a great pair of heels. They give you lean long legs, boost your butt, not to mention how they match any outfit perfectly.
But, suffering for your fashionable look can leave you with more than just sore feet. High heels can actually do some permanent damage to your body.
Studies have shown that these lovely fashionable shoes can cost in more ways, taking their toll on your spine, hips, knees, ankles and feet, while altering your posture.
We’ve done our research to help educate and convince women to take it down a bit, for their own good!
How High Heels Affects Your Body
A women’s body will attempt to compensate for the OFF balance caused by flexing or forward bending the hips and spine.
In order to maintain balance, the calf, hip and back muscles become tense. At the end of the day this makes excess muscle fatigue and strain. Over time, wearing heels can also cause the calf muscles to cramp and bulge.
By wearing flat shoes:
- Spine is fairly straight
- Calf muscle is relaxed when feet are flat
- Flat shoes help evenly distribute the body weight throughout the feet
By wearing high heels:
- Chest is pushed forward
- The lower back is pushed forward, taking the hips and spine out of alignment
- Excess pressure is placed on knees
- Wearing them, increase the pressure on the balls on the feet through a downward force
- The normal s-curve shape acts as a shock absorber. Wearing them causes lumbar spine flattening and a posterior displacement of the head and thoracic spine
- Leaning will decrease the forward curve of your lower back to help keep you in line
- Poor alignment may lead to muscle overuse and back pain
A high heel shoe places and increased amount of pressure on your forefoot, causing you to adjust the rest of the body to maintain your balance.
- Over the years, wearing them all day long can cause changes in your anatomy
- Back and knees are under constant stress and the body shifts forward
- Calve muscles can shorten and tendons may thicken
- You’ll get spinal nerve condition,when anatomical abnormalities occur
A heel’s height determine the weight carried by the footwear. As the heels get higher, the pressure increases on the forefoot or ball of the foot.
High Heel Solutions
Here are some recommendations to consider when wearing your favorite stilettos.
- Avoid wearing them for a long period
- Stretch leg muscles before and after wearing them
- Set your limit to 2 inches
- Buy shoes in the afternoon when feet are bit swollen
- Avoid pointed toe shoes
- Buy a wide variety of shoes and vary your footwear day to day
- Massage and stretch your legs at the end of the day
- Ditch shoes that are worn out or no longer fit
- Choose wedges and platforms over a thinner heel
- Alternate heel heights throughout the week
You should definitely give your feet some space.
- Having A Back Problems? Here Are 8 Ways To Improve Your Body Posture
- How To Reverse Premature Body Aging
- Why Sedentary Lifestyle Is Dangerous For Your Health
- How To Stop These Bad Habits To Preserve Health
- Not A Fan Of Hiking? Well,Reconsider And Here Is Why