Pomegranate As An Ancient Love Symbol
As Valentine’s Day celebration of love is heating up the air, the search for surprises goes like crazy. Presents, roses, trips – you name it.
Start the day with a surprise for your loved one with this pomegranate smoothie for breakfast, as it is suitable for the occasion, since it’s ingredients are pure symbolism of love.
Pomegranate has been a symbol of love and fertility as far back as ancient Greece.
And if you’re looking for an appropriate Valentine’s Day morning treat, this one can be just the right thing for you.
You know, pomegranates aren’t the only fruit with a love story to tell.
Other berry meanings include:
- raspberries: symbol of kindness,and
- strawberries: symbol of modesty, perfection and sweet character
You can use any type of berries you want – you don’t have to use the symbolic ones, although they DO add a bit of romantic touch, and you can also choose between coconut and almond milk too.
Smoothies like this aren’t a great everyday breakfast option, since they’re high in sugar and don’t have any protein included .
However, as a treat, there’s nothing wrong consuming this smoothie, and if you combine it with another healthy protein source – even better.
In the context of a healthy diet, a smoothie or two with pomegranate included every once in a while, won’t do any harm.
Valentine’s Day Pomegranate Smoothie
Serves 2 Prep time 10 min
- ½ cup frozen pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 ½ cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana
- Add the almond milk, frozen fruits, and banana to your blender
- Blend until desired consistency
- If it’s not thick enough, add more fruit
- If it’s too thick, add more almond or coconut milk
Powerful Berry Smoothie
This smoothie is a serious energy booster that is slow releasing, full of antioxidants, packed with vitamins and agreat immune system supporter.
The mixture of the blood orange and raspberries are great for your vitamin C boost, but also as a tool for cancer prevention and infections.
This is a great winter smoothie when germs are stocking around. It is also a great body cleanser, due to benefits from the Beetroot.
The super-food known as Goji berries are full of benefits. They improve sleep quality, protect brain cells and keep cholesterol levels at control.
And How To Prepare It
1 large glass, prep time 10 min
- 1 tsp Acai berry powder
- 1 tsp Rose hip powder
- ¾ cup of coconut water
- 1 blood orange
- ½ beetroot
- 20g of goji berries (large handful)
- Handful of raspberries
- 2 tsp bee pollen
Put all ingredients in a blender and smooth until it’s done. Look at the consistency and add more fruit or coconut water if preferred.
Super Hot Valentine’s Day Smoothie
This is a recipe that will stir your senses.
Healthy and happy people do not normally have problems with their libido, but even the healthiest and happiest ones, may want to experience the power of natural aphrodisiacs.
Ingredients used in this smoothie are well known for their libido-enhancing activity.
- Cardamom: In many cultures it is considered to be a powerful aphrodisiac
- Cinnamon: Increases blood circulation
- Vanilla:This sensual spice helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Hot peppers: Increase blood flow in the body and the release of endorphins
- Almond milk: Rich in Vitamin E, zinc and selenium
- Raw cacao: Rich in antioxidants, contains compound that helps you increase the production of endorphins. It stimulates the sense of arousal and well being
- Strawberries: They are great source of Vitamin C and other antioxidants that help improve blood flow
- Maca: is a well known aphrodisiac used for ages in the Andes to increase strength, stamina, energy, fertility and libido
- Bananas: Rich in B Vitamins, potassium and tryptophan, help you relax, balance sex hormones and increase sense of well being
- Raw honey: Since ancient times honey was associated with love and sexuality. It was mentioned in the Bible and in Kamasutra. To this day a bridegroom in India is offered honey to increase energy and stamina.
No matter which aphrodisiacs you decide to use in your food, always remember that the ambiance is just as important as the food you serve.
Candle light, some red roses, sensual scent or romantic music will help you relax and make your St. Valentine’s Day unforgettable.
- 1/4 cup maca powder
- 4 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups freshly made almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 small red hot pepper (seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Adjust the taste into your personal liking
- Add more honey if you prefer you smoothie to be really sweet since sweet foods are considered comfort foods for a reason.
Pour your smoothie into chilled glasses and enjoy it in a good company!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Summer Berry Smoothie
- Using Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
- Protein Shakes For Energy Restoration
- If You Want To Restore Energy Levels Fast -Try These Smoothies!
- Green Smoothies That Boost Energy For Good Start Of Your Day!