As the heat is starting to be unbearable and you try to protect from it in every possible way, it surely can cause some damage, and not only to your skin, but to your hair as well.
The heat dries out your hair.
Of course you are wearing a hat trying to protect, still, your hair suffers and it will have permanent damage if you don’t act on time.
This is the part where all mighty coconut oil comes along.
You’ve probably heard or read about tremendous health benefits it has and – hair protection is one of them.
Coconut Oil Goodness
Coconut oil is known to be rich in antioxidants, and it has so many antiviral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. It improves overall scalp health, gives richness, volume and shine that every women wants.
It is good if you practice buying products that contain this precious oil, but remember, in many cosmetic products other chemicals also prevail.
Via YouTube : CognITune
In some cases they can be harmful to your health by damaging your hair and skin.
The harsh chemicals in hair care products can leave your hair flat, dry and damaged. If you decide to add some coconut oil in small amounts – it isn’t simply enough. It needs more nourishment.
It is good if you avoid traditional chemical products, and try to add some coconut oil to your favorite natural organic shampoos, hair and skin products you use.
Pure and organic coconut oil can be a little bit more expensive – but still affordable, and why spare money on health?
Most Popular Ways Of Use
There are many ways you can use coconut oil for hair, and these are the most popular among women.
1. As Conditioner
It is excellent as conditioner and it can be used for all hair types. It is even better than sunflower oil and mineral oil, as it significantly reduces protein loss in hair, which is the main reason for hair dryness and breakage.
As lauric acid present in this oil has a low molecular weight, it is able to penetrate deeply in the hair shaft, nourishing the hair with vitamins, minerals and the medium-chain fatty acids.
Usage of coconut oil is good in prevention of hair damage due to combing and brushing hair, and it also can be used as a leave-in conditioner for a couple of hours,or overnight.
How to condition your hair
It is really simple.
- If you have a short hair, you can use a ¼ teaspoon warmed in your palms. In case you have a longer and much thicker hair, you can use a ½ tablespoon.
- If you have a thinner hair, use it occasionally as it can weigh down the hair if you use it too much. Gently smooth the oil through hair and style as usual.
- In case you need to restore your hair and use it as a natural hair mask, after washing with a gentle natural shampoo, apply 1 -2 teaspoons of coconut oil after warming it in the palm of your hands.
- Apply to hair ends and rub it into scalp as well. It is preferable to cover with a shower cap and leave it on for about 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Then, you can wash with gentle shampoo and style as usual.
2. For Styling
Coconut oil is a great styling agent and free from many dangerous chemicals almost all conventional hair care products have.
Without knowing, using hair dryers, flat irons, hot rollers and curling irons, pull the moisture out of the hair shaft causing it to be brittle and prone to tangling.
Coconut oil helps to prevent this type of thermal damage, and it is great if you want to tame your hair.
People that have thick and curly hair, often fight frizz in humid climates. This is the part when coconut oil comes along and helps to tame the frizz, by penetrating into the curls.
It can be applied throughout the day – just be sure to use it sparingly.
How to tame frizz
- Start with a small amount : 1/2 to 1 teaspoon, depending on hair
- Warming it in your palms
- Smooth from root to tips and blow dry and style as desired
It will take just a bit longer to dry your hair, but you will end up with a soft, shiny and manageable hair. You can also nourish split ends (if any)at the same time, by using a tiny bit of coconut oil applied on the ends.
3. As Sun Protector
Hair is prone to damage same as skin, and coconut oil as a natural sunscreen with an SPF 8, has the ability to protect form the sun.
In case you are planning to stay all day long out in the sun, you should definitely use it as a leave-in conditioner for all day protection.
4. As Detangle Help
Oftentimes, detangling hair can often cause hair breakage. Use coconut oil as it improves hair break stress by penetrating the hair shaft deeply.
It surrounds the hair and makes it easier to remove knots after washing. Always smooth a small amount through hair, paying particular attention to tangled areas and damaged ends.
Use a wide-tooth comb, starting from the bottom, and slowly work your way up.
But if tangled hair appears to be your continuing problem, then trimming the damaged and split ends are simply unavoidable.
How To Make Coconut Oil Shampoo
Using this shampoo will make your hair feeling soft and healthy. Feel free to adjust the coconut oil level to suit your hair needs.
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- approx 50 drops of your favorite essential oils
First you need to melt coconut oil and coconut milk together over very low heat in order not damage any of the nutrients.
- Pour it into a bottle with a secure lid and top with the castile soap
- Shake well
- Add 50 drops of your favorite essential oils and shake once again
Most popular essential oils for hair include lavender, wild orange, peppermint, lemongrass, rosemary, clary sage, and rosemary.
You should also note that this shampoo will not be as thick as commercial shampoos. You must squeeze it on hair directly from the bottle.Then wash your hair and rinse well.
How To Make Coconut Oil Conditioner
For this you will need:
- 1 tablespoon Jojoba oil
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oil
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- Take a small bowl and mix all ingredients until they are well combined
- Do this for several minutes if you want to aim for a smooth and creamy conditioner
- After washing your hair with Coconut Oil Shampoo you’ve made all by yourself, use a teaspoon or two of prepared conditioner and smooth through hair
- Allow to penetrate hair and rinse very well
As you can see, all of these are simple and clever usages of coconut oil for hair, and we hope that you’ll try them and let us know how did they worked for you!
- How To Make Your Hair Color Last Longer And Save Some Money
- Summer Hair Protection Tips
- How To Cure Dry And Chemically Damaged Hair Easily
- 5 Lavender Oil Benefits For Hair You Should Know Right Now
- 9 Hacks How To Use Avocado As Beauty Help!