How To Burn Fat
Many are wondering each day looking themselves in the mirror saying: How can I burn fat?
There is no single person on this planet that don’t want to look slim, toned and healthy. Many struggle with this issue since it is not an easy task to avoid all the food goodness you are surrounded by.
But, there is a hope.You don’t have to overhaul your life to work off mega calories. Here are our eight simple rules how you can burn fat faster.
Be An Early Bird
A study of 500 people at the Mollen Clinic, a preventive medicine and wellness center in Scottsdale, Arizona, found that 75 percent of those who worked out in the morning did so regularly, compared with just half the afternoon exercisers and a quarter of the post-work crowd.
Also,a recent study at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign found that 20 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise improved concentration, reading comprehension, and cognitive function.
Rev Your Metabolism
High-intensity exercise increases the release of growth hormones, which mobilize fat to be used as fuel, plus it causes your metabolism to stay elevated about 10 to 15 percent above its baseline, so you’re burning more fat for several hours post-workout.
In other words, if you worked off 300 calories during your session, you’ll get a bonus burn of about 45 calories even after you’ve toweled off.
Give Up Your Seat To Trim Your Bottom Line
Even regular exercisers could benefit from extra toning of their tush, the largest muscle group in the body, which dozes all day at your desk job.
- Stand up from your chair, feet shoulder-width apart
- Lower your bottom to the seat as though you’re going to sit, touch down, and then spring up, squeezing your glutes as you straighten.
- Do three sets of 10 to 15 reps two or even three times throughout the day
Take A Power Walk To Beat A Midday Slump
Call it the 20-20 rule: As little as 20 minutes of low-intensity aerobic activity such as walking can give you a 20 percent surge in energy.
That quick recharge just burned about 75 calories.
Do The Two-step
When you opt for the stairs, go at them two at a time — as long as you’re not wearing heels. The quick bursts of power activate your legs fast-twitch muscle fibers, which burn more calories than slow-twitch fibers.
Plus, you’ll be using a part of your muscles that commonly doesn’t get enough action. Fast muscle cells are designed so you can jump far, kick hard, punch fast.
But unfortunately it’s a use-them or-lose-them situation, so it’s good to activate them regularly.
Go Like Gumby
Consistent stretching significantly decreases muscle soreness, according to a study at the Norwegian Knowledge Centre for Health Services in Oslo.
Skipped your stretches post-exercise?
- Warm up first with 5 minutes of brisk high-knee marching
- Toe-reach stretch (targets hamstrings, which remain shortened all day as you’re seated).
- Sit on the floor with your right leg straight in front of you, knee slightly bent, left leg bent out to the side and resting on the floor
- Reach for your toes without bouncing and hold for 30 seconds- relax
- Do 3 stretches, then switch legs and repeat
Hip-flexor stretch (targets hips, which also are tight in desk jockeys)
- Lie face up on the floor with your left leg bent, left foot flat, and bend your right knee out to the side so your right ankle is crossed over and resting on the lower left thigh.
- Grasp your right thigh with both hands and pull it toward you until you feel a comfortable stretch in your right hip, glutes, and outer thigh.
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Switch legs and repeat
- Do 3 stretches per side
Side stretch (targets upper back and waistline)
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart
- Raise arms overhead and interlock fingers with palms facing up
- Keeping your middle centered, hinge at the waist to the right
- Hold for 30 second
- Return to center and reach up
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Switch sides
- Do 3 stretches on each side
A recent FITNESS poll found that sneakers are the piece of gear that is forgotten most often, foiling women’s workout plans.
Put them in front of the door you exit in the morning. Maybe seeing them will remind you that you’ve planned to exercise.
Don’t fool yourself…
- Useful Tips For Hip Pain Relief
- Why Sedentary Lifestyle Is Dangerous For Your Health
- Which Are The Health Benefits Of Stair Climbing
- This Is How To Burn Fat Fast While Skipping Gym
- 5 Ways To Burn More Fat