During cold and flu season,most of us would take just about anything if we thought it might keep us health . But,it turns out that there’s some evidence to suggest that a herb that you might have in your kitchen, might be able to help save you off sickness . It is the oregano oil and oregano tea.
The health benefits of oregano oil can be attributed to its properties as an antibacterial,antiviral, antifungal, anti-parasitic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, emenagogue and anti-allergenic substance.
The disinfectant and antibacterial properties of oregano essential oil were first recognized in ancient Greece where they were often used for treating bacterial infections on the skin,curing wounds and keeping the food from bacteria.
Here you can find what are the benefits of using oregano oil and oregano tea.
Just as it protects you against viral infections, oregano oil protects you against bacterial infections as well.
This gives you an added level of protection against most bacterial diseases, such as infections in the colon and urinary tract, as well as typhoid, cholera, sores, skin infections and temporary problems like food poisoning.
Viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoa are the four agents which are responsible for communicable and infectious diseases.
Fungi are responsible for some of the most dreaded and fatal infections, both internal and external. They can cause painful and even deadly infections in the ear, nose and throat, which if not treated early may reach the brain and prove fatal.
Many skin infections are also caused by these fungi. Oregano Oil, if used regularly, either internally or externally, can effectively protect the body against many of these fungal infections.
Many types of parasites such as round worms, tape worms, lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes, and fleas can live inside or outside the human body.
These parasites use the human body as a source of food, and as a vessel or carrier of communicable diseases. Oregano Essential Oil, when ingested, can eliminate intestinal worms and when it is applied externally.
It effectively keeps away lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes, and fleas, so it is not uncommon to find oregano essential oil as a component of organic bug sprays and repellents.
It provides protection against viral infections.This means that it strengthens your immunity against colds, mumps, measles, pox and other problems created by viruses.
This boost to the immune system also helps to defend against deadly viral infections and even certain autoimmune disorders.
Oregano essential oil stimulates the production and function of white blood cells, the body’s main line of defense.
This property turns out to be one of the most celebrated attributes of oregano essential oil, because it protects you from the damages done to the body by free radicals (oxidants), and it neutralizes the free radicals, while repairing the damage already done.
This slows down the aging process and protects against certain cancers, macular degeneration, degeneration of muscle due to aging, wrinkles, loss of vision and hearing, nervous disorders and many such ailments related to premature aging and the effects of free radicals.
Oregano oil contains phenols,a powerful form of antioxidant that literally scours the body and eliminates those free radicals that cause disease.
Oregano Oil, being sedative in nature, calms down this hyper-sensitivity and is known to give relief from allergy symptoms.
From its anti-inflammatory quality, the severity of an allergic reaction can be reduced, which is especially important for serious allergic reactions like anaphylactic shock, or swelling of the throat.
It helps the digestion by increasing the secretion of digestive juices, and it also increases nutrient digestibility and enzymes which aid in absorbing food.
This can improve your general level of health by maximizing the nutrients you get from food!
There are also many other benefits from using an oregano oil.it has been shown to help heal Psoriasis,Eczema,Athlete’s foot, flu and other infectious ailments. Furthermore, it can be used to treat bacterial infections like E. Coli, Giardiasis and food poisoning,help in treating tumors and Candida.
It relieves congestion, and certain studies reveal that it is as powerful a painkiller as the most respected options on the market, with the added benefit that it works without the strong side effects.
- 1 cup of water
- remove from heat
- add 2 tablespoons dry oregano tea
- live for 10 min to soak
- strain and drink
Do not leave it longer,since it has a little bit a chili pepper hot taste, only milder.The essential oil is more concentrated and has more hot flavor,therefore it should be diluted before consuming.
Precaution In Its Use
- Oregano essential oil can cause irritation of the skin and mucus membrane if taken in high concentrations.
- Pregnant women should avoid using it, and it is a good idea to consult with your doctor before adding it in any significant way to your diet. Due to its general stimulation and regulation of the hormones, it can potentially result in a miscarriage if the hormone to induce periods is stimulated.
- Also, like with any new dietary supplement or food, check with your doctor about allergies. People that are allergic to basil,lavender,marjoram,mint or sage,are also commonly allergic to oregano and its essential oil.
- Oregano oil in its pure form is so strong, it should only be used when diluted.Undiluted oregano oil can be irritating to the skin and mucous membranes. It is also possible to purchase diluted oregano oil.
- It’s meant for short-term use. It is recommended to use oregano oil for acute conditions, by taking four to six drops at a time for seven to ten days.
- It’s not for everyone. The therapeutic use of oregano oil should be avoided in infants and children as well.
- It also should be avoided by people with high blood pressure or a heart condition.
It’s always a good idea to talk to your preferred medical professional before starting a new wellness routine, and to disclose your use of alternative therapies in case of counter-indications with other medications or treatments.
- If You Drink Turmeric Milk -This Will Happen To You!
- Papaya Benefits In Preventing Cancer
- How To Clean Colon From Parasites With Sea Salt Water
- 5 Lavender Oil Benefits For Hair You Should Know Right Now
- How To Get Rid Of Mosquitoes In Natural Way