The most favorite Thanksgiving desert is by all means the famous Pumpkin Pie, and here we are giving you a simple recipe to try.
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Total Time: 1 hr 35 min
Prep: 15 min
Inactive: 30 min
Cook: 50 min
6 to 8 servings
1 .(8-ounce) package soft cream cheese
2. 2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
3. 1 cup sugar
4. 1/4 teaspoon salt
5. 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
6. 1 cup half-and-half
7. 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
8. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
9. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
10. 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
11. 1 piece pre-made pie dough
12. whipped cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 piece of pre-made pie dough down into a (9-inch) pie pan, and press down along the bottom and to all sides. Pinch and crimp the edges together so you can create a pretty pattern.
- Put the pie shell back into the freezer for about an 1 hour to firm up
- Fit a piece of aluminum foil to cover the inside of the shell completely
- Fill the shell up to the edges with pie weights or dried beans (about 2 pounds), and place it in the oven
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and pie weights, and bake for another 10 minutes, or, until the crust is dried out and began to color.
- In a large mixing bowl you need to beat the cream cheese using a hand mixer
- Then, add the pumpkin and beat until combined well with the cream cheese
- Add the sugar and salt, and beat until they are combined well
- Add the eggs mixed with the yolks, half-and-half, melted butter, and beat until combined well again
- Finally, add vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger, and beat until you blend them fully
- Pour the filling into the warm prepared pie crust and bake for about 50 minutes, or until the center is all set
- Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to a room temperature
- Finish by cutting into slices and top each piece with a generous amount of whipped cream
Bake, Eat and Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Courtesy of Paula Deen :http://www.foodnetwork.com/
- How To Make These Amazing Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Always Handy And Tasty Apple Strudel Muffins
- Don’t Miss Out This Fall Favorite Recipe-Pumpkin Gingerbread
- How To Make Healthy Yogurt Cheesecake And Become Guilt Free
- 2 Tasteful Vegan Breakfast Recipes For Christmas Morning