If you have no idea what to cook today then sauce meatballs are your answer. As they are soft, juicy and full of flavor -your kids will just love them. And on top of it, they are easy to be made. So let’s start.
Sunday Sauce Meatballs
Ingredients for the sauce:
2 tins of plum tomatoes with basil (almost 900 gr to 1 kg)
3-4 garlic chopped cloves
60 – 65 ml extra-virgin olive oil
1 chopped medium onion
1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp of salt
250 ml water ( monitor this during the process)
120 ml of red wine
50 -60 g of grated Parmesan
15 – 20 g fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
For the meatballs:
- 600 gr minced pork meat
- 300 gr minced ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 chopped medium onion (fried earlier)
- 100-150 gr bread crumbs (saute them in milk prior adding them in the meat)
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs ground black pepper
- 50 gr grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation of the sauce:
- Drain the plum tomatoes to extract the juice
- Break them apart with your hands
- Discard the pulp and set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat
- Add chopped onion and black pepper
- Add 4 cloves of garlic at the end not to burn them with fried onion
- Saute until the onion is soft and beginning to light brown for about 5 minutes. Add juiced tomatoes, red wine, Parmesan and salt.
- Add the tomato puree and the water and stir together over medium heat
- Try it and see if anything more you should add, so it can suit your taste
Preparation of the meat:
- Put the meat in a mixing bowl
- Beat the eggs and add them to the meat along with fried onion, salt, pepper, the bread crumbs prior sauted in milk to make them juicy, and Parmesan.
- Mix all together with your hands
- Wet your hands with water and continue to wet them as you pinch meat from the bowl and roll into 5-cm balls.
- Heat up 1/2-cup of oil in a sauce pan
- Add the meatballs and fry them over medium-high heat, turning them until they are golden brown to both sides.
- Don’t overdo them .They need to remain juicy inside.
- When they are done, add them in already prepared sauce.
When served, top them with grated Parmesan, some basil leaves and some chopped coriander and… enjoy your meal with your family or friends
- Easy Carbonara Pasta Made In Just Minutes
- How To Make The Perfect Tofu Stuffed Mushrooms
- Vegetable Soup That Soothes Your Soul
- Spaghetti With Zucchini And Pistachio Pesto
- Deep Fried Ravioli – How To Make This Classic Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipe