What Is Lychee ?
If you haven’t tried some of this fruit yet, you are missing some of the good stuff as Lychee fruit contains only 66 calories per 100 g, comparable to that in the table-grapes, and it has no saturated fats or cholesterol, but composes of good amounts of dietary fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Fresh lychee fruits can be available in the markets from May to October. The fruit must be allowed to ripen fully on the tree itself since the ripening process ceases soon-after it harvested. On the other hand, over maturity makes them turn dark-brown in appearance and lose their luster and flavor.
Here is one suggestion of preparing cool summer Lychee frappe.
- 100 g(3 1/2 oz) mandarin,oranges,canned in natural juice
- 50 g(2 oz) lychees,canned in natural juice
- ice cubes
Put the mandarin and lychees,and the juices from the cans into a food processor or blender,add the ice cubes and process briefly.
Pour the frappe into a glass and serve immediately.
For ruby smoothie, put juice of 2 oranges and 1 apple in a food processor or blender with 150 g(5 oz) raspberries and strawberries. Add 150 ml live natural yogurt and process briefly.
- Alfalfa With Pineapple Juice
- Kiwi Fruit,Watermelon And Passion Fruit Juice
- Refreshing Cucumber,Lemon And Mint Smoothie
- Dried Fruit Salad And Apples-Great Fall Smoothie To Try
- Try Something Different- Carrot, Chicory & Celery Juice