Summer berries…any way you buy them – fresh, frozen or dried – berries are a super food, everybody favorites!
Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries are sweet, easy to pop into your mouth as a snack and a much healthier choice than a candy bar.
All are anti-inflammatory, a good source of fiber, rich in flavonoids and carotenoids and offer immune-boosting antioxidant activity.
Because commercial strains of berries may be heavily sprayed with pesticides, try to buy only organic varieties of the berries.
Summer Berry Smoothie
150g frozen mixed summer berries,plus extra to serve
300 ml vanilla flavored soy milk
1 teaspoon honey(optional)
Put the berries, soy milk and honey in a food processor and process until thick.
Pour the smoothie into 2 short glasses,decorate with berries and serve immediately.
For blueberry & grape smoothie, blend together 125 g frozen blueberries, 250 g red grapes and 3 tablespoons fromage frais.
- Refresh This Summer With Mango And Coconut Smoothie
- Pumpkin Smoothies – The Best Way To Welcome Fall
- 3 Incredible Refreshing Morning Smoothies That Will Wake You Up!
- Pure Indulgence – Banana & Chocolate Smoothie
- Winter Warm Drinks-Dual Pleasure For Coffee And Tea Fans