Making DIY Mirror Upgrade
Sometimes you want to do some simple changes throughout the house, and the best ones are the simplest ones such as making DIY mirror upgrade in your home.
There are so many ideas on the net to choose from, or you can use your imagination and creativity and do something unexpected.
This DIY mirror upgrade is very easy.
Just follow these quick and easy steps courtesy of Country Living, to learn how to make a stunning star mirror that look expensive, but costs less than $35.
- 1 spool of jute twine ( 4,91 $ amazon.com)
- 14 inch round mirror( 14,59 $ amazon.com)
- Painter’s tape (5,19 $ amazon.com)
- Nails (7,99 $ amazon.com)
How to make it?
Trace and Number
- Trace the circumference of the mirror in pencil on the wall where you want it to hang, then mark the center
- Divide the circle into 16 equal sections, marking a point where each line meets the circle
- Mark off each point with numbered pieces of painter’s tape (numbered 1-16), starting with 1 at the top center and continuing in numerical order, moving in a clockwise direction
Tape and Nail
- At point 1, measure a 16-inch vertical line outward, using a yardstick for guidance, and mark the end with a point
- Move to point 2, measure a 12-inch line, and mark the end
- Continue for each circle point, alternating between 16 and 12 inches
- Mark outer points with numbered pieces of painter’s tape (numbered 17-32), with 17 at the top center and then continuing in numerical order, moving in a clockwise direction
- Hammer nails into all points
- Using the following guide, wrap the twine around the nails, beginning with a knot at the starting nail and ending with a knot and cutting the twine at the last nail
- Start at nail 25, wrap around nails 11, 29, 15, 17, 3, 21, and 7, ending at 25
- Start at nail 26, wrap the twine around nails 12, 30, 16, 18, 4, 22, and 8, ending at 26
- Start at nail 27, wrap the twine around nails 13, 31, 1, 19, 5, 23, and 9, ending at 27
- Start at nail 28, wrap the twine around nails 14, 32, 2, 20, 6, 24, 10, ending at 28
And Some More Wrapping Twine
- Next, start at nail 25 and wrap the twine around nails 9, 26, 10, 27, and 11
- Continue this pattern, alternating between the inner and outer nails in a clockwise direction, until you make it back to 25
- Without cutting the twine, skip nail 9 and wrap it around nails 10, 26, 11, and 27, continuing the same alternating pattern until you make it back to nail 10
- Finally, moving clockwise, wrap the twine around each inner nail in a clockwise direction until the circle is complete at nail 9
Hang The Mirror
Apply two large picture hanging strips on the back of the mirror and adhere the mirror to the wall following package instructions.
And that’s it.
Even though it may seem to complicated, it is still simple and clever way to upgrade your mirrors around the house.
- Are You Biting Your Nails? Here Is Why You Shouldn’t!
- How To Give Yourself A Perfect Manicure At Home
- 12 Ways How To Make Traditional Halloween Party Games On A Dime
- 14 Tips How To Have Stress Free Moving
- What Your Nails Reveal About Your Health