This VEGAN salad is a perfect way to combine two powerhouse vegetables – kale and cauliflower. With a slight heat from the cauliflower to compliment the taste of the kale, this salad is definitely a worth to try!
- 1/2 head cauliflower (washed, rinsed and dried)
- 5 stalks of curly kale (washed and rinsed)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon tamari
- Salt and pepper (a pinch of each)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Coconut oil (optional)
1.First you want to preheat your oven to 355°F. Take your clean cauliflower head and chop into the desired floret size. Place into a large mixing bowl. Add the turmeric, cayenne pepper, paprika, onion flakes, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly. You can add some coconut oil here if you want.
2. Once all the florets are covered in the spices, place onto a lined baking tray, and pop into the oven for around 20-30 mins depending on your oven or until cooked through and golden brown.
3. Now to prep the kale. Take your clean kale stalks and gently rip away the leaf from the stalk. Do this in 3-4 inch chunks. Place the leaves into a large mixing bowl. Add the juice of half a lemon and the apple cider vinegar, and using your hands, gently massage the kale. Slowly you’ll begin to feel the kale become a bit “slimy” and it’ll reduce in size. What this does is aid in the break down of the sometimes-hard-to-digest cell walls, so that they’re more easily digested and absorbed. We’re just helping out our bodies a bit, and adding the awesome benefits of apple cider vinegar and lemon into our lives.
4.Once the leaves are fully massaged, add the tamari, stir and place onto your plate. Chop the yellow pepper and celery stalk and add it to your plate. Once the cauliflower is done, allow to cool slightly before placing it on top of the kale. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and any other optional extra’s. You could sprinkle some nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor, or a drizzle of tahini or a salad dressing of your choice, although the kale has quite sufficient dressing for my liking.
- Simple Thanksgiving Salad-Roasted Pumpkin&Kale Combo
- Amazing Black Rice Salad With Kale And Beetroot
- What To Eat Before And After A Workout
- Autumnal Side Dish- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts Warm Salad
- Which Are The Side Effects Of Apple Cider Vinegar?