Where ever Thanksgiving finds you this year, may you find gratitude in life!
Roasted Pumpkin And Kale Salad
Prep time 15 min Cook time 30 min Total time 45 min
- 1 small sugar pumpkin cut into ¾ inch wedges
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 3 cups cooked wild rice (or any cooked grain, or lentils)
- 2-3 ounces baby kale (or arugula)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup maple glazed pecans (see note)
- 1 apple, sliced into thin wedges (or persimmon)
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out seeds
- Cut into ¾ inch wedges ( leave skin on) and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and place on a parchment-lined backing sheet and roast in the oven until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
Maple glazed pecans
You can make maple glazed pecans at the same time.
- Toss any amount of pecans in maple syrup, so they are nicely coated
- Place on a greased baking sheet
- Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven, 15- 20 minutes, giving a stir halfway through
- Let roast until they just darken slightly
- Remove from oven, and using a metal spatula, loosen, let cool 5-10 minutes, loosen and scrape up again
- Let cool completely
- Store in an air tight container
- In a large bowl, add rice, kale, apple, scallions, pecans, and dried cranberries and give a stir
- Add vinaigrette ingredients and toss
- Spread out on a platter and tuck warm roasted pumpkin wedges over top
- Add goat cheese or farmers cheese if you like (feta may be too salty)
Enjoy this Thanksgiving with your family and friends and just be grateful for everything you have in life!
- Autumnal Side Dish- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts Warm Salad
- Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower and Kale Salad
- Fall Favorite Recipe-Pumpkin Gingerbread
- Amazing Black Rice Salad With Kale And Beetroot
- Make A Morning Kick-Try This Cranberry Oatmeal Pleasure!