Knowing the functions of our cardio system and the parts of the body that are part of it,it is crucial to understand the necessity to keep it in good shape.In order to preserve it,we should try to change our eating habits and start living much healthier.
You can start by this simple veggie juice consisted of tomatoes,carrots and ginger.
1.Tomatoes are widely known for their outstanding antioxidant content, including, of course, their oftentimes-rich concentration of lycopene. Researchers have recently found an important connection between lycopene, its antioxidant properties, and bone and cardio health.
In terms of conventional antioxidants, tomatoes provide an excellent amount of vitamin C and beta-carotene; a very good amount of the mineral manganese and a good amount of vitamin E.
2.Carrots are usually available throughout the year, locally grown carrots are in season in the summer and fall when they are the freshest and most flavorful.
They are perhaps best known for their rich supply of the antioxidant nutrient that was actually named for them: beta-carotene. However, these delicious root vegetables are the source not only of beta-carotene, but also of a wide variety of antioxidants and other health-supporting nutrients.
The areas of antioxidant benefits, cardio vascular benefits, and anti-cancer benefits are the best-researched areas of health research with respect to dietary intake of carrots.
3.Ginger(aromatic, pungent and spicy), adds a special flavor and zest to almost all Asian stir fried food and many other fruit and vegetable dishes. Fresh ginger root is available year round in the produce section of your local market.
Modern scientific research has revealed that ginger possesses numerous therapeutic properties including antioxidant effects, an ability to inhibit the formation of inflammatory compounds, and direct anti-inflammatory effects.
Tomato,Carrot & Ginger Juice
Makes 150 ml
- 2,5 cm (1 inch) cube fresh root ginger
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) celery,plus extra to serve(optional)
- 300 g (10 oz) tomatoes
- 175 g (6 oz)carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 2,5 cm (1 inch)piece of fresh horseradish
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Peel an roughly chop the ginger
- Trim the celery and cut into 5 cm(2 inch) lengths
- Juice the tomatoes,carrot,garlic and horseradish with ginger and celery
- Transfer the juice to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour the juice into a small glass,garnish with celery slivers and serve
Carrot And Pink Grapefruit Juice
Makes 250 ml
- 2 carrots
- 2 apples
- 1 pink grapefruit
- mineral water
- Peel and segment a pink grapefruit leaving some pith
- Put it in a blender with 2 carrots and 2 apples and blend until smooth
- Serve topped up with mineral water
- Pineapple Juice With Celery And Ginger
- Try Something Different- Carrot, Chicory & Celery Juice
- Celery Juice With Pineapple And Grape
- Have You Tried Tomato,Orange And Celery Juice? So Refreshing!
- Great Tomato,Basil And Apple Juice For Daily Boost