As the cold weather arrived,we should all think of taking care of our dry damaged summer skin and get it ready for the cooler weather.Nourishing our skin accordingly will give us the results that we all want.But, we have to do it on regular basis.
When you don’t have time to go to beauty salons,there are always some helpful tips that can be found and to do some home beauty treatment for ourselves.Here is one of them.
Cinnamon And Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 drops of cinnamon essential oil
Why sugar?It draws moisture from the environment into the skin. When you apply it on your skin,it will hydrate and keep moisture within.
Also, sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid (an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA))which penetrates into the skin and breaks down the “glue” that bonds skin cells.
This process boost the cell turnover by making your skin to look fresher.Also,sugar making scrub is an excellent exfoliate. Sugar particles are small and effective in helping to remove dead surface skin cells and reveal the glowing, healthy-looking skin underneath.
Cinnamon antiseptic and anti-fungal properties makes it perfect for treating acne, ringworm, eczema and other skin infections. Cinnamon helps to stimulate blood vessels and bring blood to the surface of the skin.If you are ready to repair your skin from summer skin damage, make this easy scrub.
- The coconut oil should be at room temperature,so it will make mixing the ingredients much easier
- Add 3-4 drops of cinnamon essential oil to the coconut oil and mix it thoroughly
- You can use cinnamon powder if you do not have cinnamon essential oil, but it won’t be as effective.Essential oils are highly concentrated oils that have the most powerful healing compounds of a plant into a single oil
- Add the brown sugar to the coconut oil and cinnamon mixture
- Mix thoroughly so you won’t have small clumps of coconut oil in the mix
How To use It
- Rub the scrub in your palms to slightly warm it up.
- Apply it to your face and body in gentle circular motions.
- Keep the mixture away from your eyes.
A note of caution: if you are using this in your shower and tub, your surfaces will become slippery,therefore wash down the surfaces with soap when you’re done to avoid a potential fall.
Try the scrub and let us know how was it?