Pineapple is much more than a delicious treat.It is loaded with essential nutrients and antioxidants that protect your cells from damage, caused by exposure to harmful substances.
Bromelain, a mixture of substances found in pineapple, has been shown to reduce inflammation, inhibit tumor growth, and prevent excessive blood clotting when given in therapeutic doses.
Nutrients In Pineapple
Many of the health benefits of pineapple come from its high vitamin C content. Also,pineapple is an excellent source of manganese, a mineral needed to form strong bones, connective tissue, and sex hormones. Manganese helps regulate your blood sugar level, aids in calcium absorption, and plays a role in carbohydrate and fat metabolism. Other nutrients found in pineapple include:
- Fiber, critical for digestion and weight loss
- Copper, which enhance tissue strength in bones and blood cells
- Pantothenic acid, needed for energy production and fat metabolism
- Vitamin B1(thiamin) is good for the nervous system and reduces risk for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Vitamin B6, crucial for brain health and metabolism of carbs
- Folic acid, important for red blood cell production and helps prevent Alzheimer’s
Eating pineapple and other foods that are fiber rich prevents constipation and may reduce the risk of developing heart disease.
Benefits of Pineapple for Men &Women
Pineapple is put at top forty foods with superpowers because of its “potent mix” of antioxidants, vitamins, enzymes, and minerals. Men and women have an equal risk of developing colon cancer, but men have a higher risk of developing rectal cancer.
Since pineapple is an excellent source of manganese, experts recommend consuming it in order to help prevent osteoporosis.
Pineapple contains just 83 calories per one-cup serving, making it a good alternative to high-calorie foods that contain a lot of fat. Pineapple is very versatile, so you can enjoy the weight-related benefits of this fruit by drinking pineapple juice, eating pineapple chunks as a snack, or mixing crushed pineapple with fat-free whipped topping for a delicious dessert.
Benefits of Pineapple Juice
Pineapple juice contains the same nutrients as fresh pineapple, but the amount of each nutrient may differ after the fruit is processed. For example, one cup of pineapple chunks contains higher percentage of the RDI for vitamin C, but one cup of juice contains slightly lower percentage of the RDI.
It is recommended consuming the juice to prevent water retention. This will help you avoid bloating and make it easier to keep your tummy flat.
The benefits of pineapple for weight loss are just one reason to drink the juice of this tasty fruit.There are also some health benefits of pineapple juice for skin.Vitamin C helps the process of wound healing and protects the skin against damage caused by exposure to pollutants.
Drinking pineapple juice can help you get healthy skin without using expensive creams and lotions. Include the pineapple in your diet along with carrots and coconut oil ,and you’ll never find yourself complaining about skin issues again.
Selecting Fresh Pineapple
If you want to enjoy the amazing health benefits of this fruit, it is important to learn how to select pineapple.
- The leaves at the crown of the pineapple should be green, and the pineapple itself should be firm and not soft or mushy
- If the center leaf in the crown falls out easy,the pineapple is ready to be consumed
- Focus on choosing a pineapple based on the firmness of the body and color of the leaves around the crown.
- Do not pick a pineapple based on size. Although a larger pineapple will have more fruit inside, it will not necessarily taste better than the fruit of a smaller pineapple.
- Celery Juice With Pineapple And Grape
- Pineapple Juice With Celery And Ginger
- Carrot,Pineapple And Parsnip Smoothie
- Why Is It Important To Eat Vegetables?
- Alfalfa With Pineapple Juice