How to prepare pineapple juice with celery and ginger? Easy.
makes 200ml (7fl oz)
- Trim the celery and cut it into 5 cm(2 inch) lengths.
- Remove the peel and core from pineapple and chop it into cubes,
- Peel and roughly chop the ginger.
- Juice the celery with pineapple and ginger.
- transfer the juice to a food processor or blender and process with a little crushed ice.Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
For pineapple & pink grapefruit juice,omit the celery and ginger,double the amount of pineapple and juice it with the flesh and skin of a pink grapefruit.Top up with still water.
Crunchy, crispy celery is well known for being low in calories, but its health benefits go far beyond use as a diet food. Celery contains useful phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals. It’s a convenient on-the-go snack as well as a vegetable that can be incorporated into cooked dishes, stir-fries and salads. Unlike some vegetables, celery retains most of its nutrients even if it is steamed.
Celery is a good source of vitamin K, with one cup containing about 30 percent of the recommended daily intake, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Celery can also help you get enough folate, potassium, fiber and molybdenum. It contains small amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A and some B vitamins. Its seeds are a natural diuretic
The root or underground stem (rhizome) of the ginger plant can be consumed fresh, powdered, dried as a spice, in oil form or as juice.Ginger is a common ingredient in Asian and Indian cuisine. However, ginger has been used for its medicinal properties for centuries among many cultures.
Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like ginger decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality while promoting a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy and overall lower weight.(http://www.medicalnewstoday.com)
Originally indigenous to local Paraguayans in South America, it spread from its native land by the local Indians up through the South and Central Americas and to the West Indies.
Fresh pineapple is low in calories. It is a storehouse for several unique health promoting compounds, minerals and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.(http://www.nutrition-and-you.com)
- Pineapple fruit contains a proteolytic enzyme bromelain that digests food by breaking down protein. Bromelain also has anti-inflammatory, anti-clotting and anti-cancer properties. Studies have shown that consumption of pineapple regularly helps fight against arthritis, indigestion and worm infestation.
- Fresh pineapple is an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin; vitamin C. 100 g fruit contains 47.8 or 80% of this vitamin. Vitamin C is required for the collagen synthesis in the body. Collagen is the main structural protein in the body required for maintaining the integrity of blood vessels, skin, organs, and bones. Regular consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps the body protect from scurvy; develop resistance against infectious agents (boosts immunity) and scavenge harmful, pro-inflammatory free radicals from the body.
- It also contains small amount Vitamin A (provides 58 IU per 100 g) and beta-carotene levels. These compounds are known to have antioxidant properties. Vitamin A is also required maintaining healthy mucusa, skin and is essential for vision. Studies suggests that consumption of natural fruits rich in flavonoids helps the human body to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- In addition, ananas fruit is rich in B-complex group of vitamins like folates, thiamin, pyridoxine, riboflavin and minerals like copper, manganese and potassium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids, helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Copper is a helpful cofactor for red blood cell synthesis. Manganese is a co-factor for the enzyme superoxide dismutase, which is a very powerful free radical scavenger.
- Celery Juice With Pineapple And Grape
- Carrot,Pineapple And Parsnip Smoothie
- Alfalfa With Pineapple Juice
- Pineapple As Keeper Of Our Health
- Refresh Your Cardio System With This Simple Veggie Juice