Strawberry Rhubarb Oat Parfait
It’s summertime, the heat is up and you want to have a descent desert to cool you off, and that is perfectly good timing for strawberry rhubarb oat parfait.
How to make it?
Easier than you think.
You will need:
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Drizzle of maple (or agave syrup),which is optional if you want your oats sweeter
For the Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Jam you’ll need:
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb (use 1 stalk and trim the ends)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons maple (or agave)syrup
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
When serving use:
- Maple (or agave) syrup
- Coconut Cream
And of course, this is optional.You can add other stuff if you’d like.
Making the jam
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, and salt for 10 minutes
- Stir often, so fruit doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pot
- Remove from the heat and stir in the maple(or agave) syrup and Chia seeds
- Let it cool to room temperature for at least 20 – 30 minutes because the rhubarb will continue to soften
- When cooled, transfer it to a jar and chill for at least an hour
Making the oats
- Divide the oats into 2 glass jars or nice bowls
- Pour in the almond milk, a pinch of salt, and maple(or agave) syrup if desired
- Stir, cover, and chill overnight
- In the morning, assemble both oat jars (bowls) with a generous scoop of the jam
- When serving, top it up with granola, maple (or agave) syrup for extra sweetness. And if you’re feeling like you wanna have a decadent breakfast, add some coconut cream to the story and enjoy the sunny morning.
As you can see, it may take some time for making it, but the richness of the flavor you’ll taste is something beyond imaginable.
Try it and share the experience!
- How To Use Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
- Amazing Vegan Overnight Oatmeal
- Cold Weather Comfort Food- Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup
- Japanese Souffle Pancakes – How To Make The Fluffiest Pancakes In The World
- Make Easy Morning Start With These 2 Delicious Vegan Breakfast