Lentil Tomato Salad
When you don’t have any idea what to cook for a light lunch, this recipe really comes handy. If you have spare lentil and few tomatoes in your fridge, they will do the work.
Compared to other types of dried beans, lentils are relatively quick and easy to prepare. They readily absorb a variety of wonderful flavors from other foods and seasonings, are high in nutritional value and are available throughout the year.
The health benefits are numerous:
- good for your heart
- loaded with fiber
- stabilizing blood sugar
- full of iron
- improves digestive health
- alkalize the body
- full of plant based protein
- great for weight loss
- strengthen the immune system
This can be perfect nutrient sufficient meal, and of course, you can always play with other ingredients and see how it goes.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- 4 spring onions (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 400 gr lentils (you can choose the ones you prefer – brown, green…).Cook them first before adding in the frying pan with other ingredients.
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 150 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan
- Add the spring onions and fry for about 1 min
- Add the cooked lentils, halved tomatoes, chopped parsley and balsamic vinegar, and warm them through
- Stir gently
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil
- Stir the water to make a whirlpool and crack in an egg, allowing the yolk to wrap around the yolk
- Cook for 3 min, remove, and repeat the whole procedure with the other egg.
Take two deep plates, pour in from the lentil tomato salad, lay over the poached eggs and sprinkle with some chopped parsley.
- Amazing Salmon Recipe Made In No Time: Salmon Curry With Tomato Salad
- A Bit Of A “Hot” Kick-Tomato,Red Pepper & Cabbage Juice
- Insanely Easy Meal-Stir Fry Vegetables In No Time!
- Great Summer Dish: Bean And Artichoke Pasta Salad
- It Is So Easy,You’ll Make It As A Regular One:Tortillas With Tuna Salsa And Cheese