Festivities Are Steaming Up
As Christmas festivities are steaming up, almost everybody is searching for the perfect recipes, drinks and cocktails for the dinner party, and one of the most used cocktails in such occasion is Christmas sangria.
Christmas Sangria is a delightful way to celebrate the holidays, served in gorgeous chilled glass.
The following festive sangria recipes are just the right balance of crisp and fruity, with a slight touch of sweetness.
And a little tip: put orange, lemon and lime slices into sangria just before serving, because it tends to release some bitterness into liquid after few hours.
Fruit juices and spices make these Christmas Sangria’s perfect festive holiday cocktails to sip in a cold winter night and are simply delightful.
How To Make Christmas Sangria
It is so easy.
Mixing together drink and fruits in the right balance is the only magic you need for the night.
Christmas Sangria Recipe 1
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 ginger beer
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3-4 pears (sliced)
- 3 oranges (sliced)
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon sugar for the rims of your glasses(optional)
- Take a large pitcher and combine all the ingredients
- Stir and then place in the fridge until the mixture is chilled enough
- Don’t chill for longer than a few hours, otherwise the ginger beer will lose its fizz
- Before serving, rim your glasses with cinnamon sugar
- Fill each glass with ice and pour the sangria over the ice
- If you like you can top with more ginger beer
- Garnish with sliced of pears, oranges and pomegranate arils
Christmas Sangria Recipe 2
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 green apple or green pear, chopped
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- Add fresh fruit to a large pitcher
- Combine all the remaining ingredients separately, then add to fresh fruit and stir to combine
- Refrigerate until cold
- The longer the sangria sits, the more flavor it will have, so it is good making it the night before (or even a full day ahead)
Christmas Sangria Recipe 3
- 3 cups red wine (Rose)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2-3 cup cherry juice or red berries juice
- 1/3 cup brandy or rum or vodka
- 3-4 cups of winter fruit (persimmon pomegranate, tangerine, lemon, lime, kiwi), all chopped
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice (cinnamon nutmeg, clove, ginger)
- 1-2 cup frozen red berries (cranberry raspberry, strawberry, red currants, cherry)
- 1-2 cup Sprite or sparkling water
- sugar to taste
- Put wine, brandy, orange juice, cherry juice, chopped fruit and spices to a pitcher and stir
- Chill for at least 2-3 hours or leave it even overnight
- Just before serving, mix in frozen berries and Sprite
- Strain if desired (to remove spices), and serve in individual glasses filled with fruit
Christmas Sangria Recipe 4
Rosemary, cranberries, and apple make this sangria the perfect Christmas drink that goes with any holiday meal!
- 2 bottles Chardonnay
- 3/4 cup sparkling apple cider
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cranberries, halved
- 3/4 cup cranberries, whole
- 1-2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 2-3 rosemary sprigs
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir together with a large wooden spoon to help the sugar dissolve
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving
- Serve chilled or over ice
- How To Make Your Own Apple Cider Sangria
- Make A Morning Kick-Try This Cranberry Oatmeal Pleasure!
- 4 Refreshing Sparkling Juice Recipes That Will Cool You Down
- How To Make Light And Simple Dessert:Orange Scented Creamy Rice Pudding Recipe
- Winter Warm Drinks-Dual Pleasure For Coffee And Tea Fans