How Does It Taste?
Frozen papaya and banana make up the creamy, naturally sweet base, while ginger and lime add a balance of zing and acidity. Carrot juice gives it a beautiful orange color and even more nutrients, while coconut milk adds healthy fats and creamy coconut flavor.
Vegan,Gluten Free Prep time 5 min Serves 2
- 1 1/2 cups (215 g) frozen ripe papaya cubes
- 1 small ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1-2 tsp minced ginger (to taste)
- 2 limes, juiced (~1/4 cup or 60 ml)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) carrot juice
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) light coconut milk
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more carrot juice or coconut milk if it has trouble blending.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more banana (or agave) for sweetness, lime for acidity, or ginger for zing.
- Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for 24 hours, or freeze into popsicles for longer term storage.
*Prep time does not include freezing papaya or banana.
Serving size: 1 smoothie (of 2) Calories: 152
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.9 g
- Sugar: 16.9 g
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 2.4 g