If you think tofu stuffed mushrooms are difficult to make – you are wrong. This recipe is so easy, and your family will just love it.
Before we dive into this recipe, it is good to have shortcut knowledge about mushrooms health benefits.
They are classified as vegetables, but technically they are not plants, because they belong to the fungi species.
Although they are not vegetables, mushrooms provide several important nutrients and have amazing health benefits such as:
- fighting cancer
- promote heart health
- boost immunity
- good when dieting
- provide satiety
Knowing these healthy facts of what they can provide, why not using them in our weekly menu.
Here, we’re gonna share a recipe that is highly nutritious and can be great addition into your diet plan as well.
Tofu Stuffed Mushrooms
- 600-650 ml boiling water
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 100 gr chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 300 gr diced tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- 70 gr Parmesan cheese
- 200 gr baby spinach leaves
- black pepper
- First you need to pour boiling water into a wide pan and stir in the stock powder
- Then, add the mushrooms and poach them for about 5 min
- Remove and drain them on a kitchen paper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add onion
- Fry until it reach soft and glassy look
- When finished, remove them from the heat and let it cool
- In other pan dry-fry the pine nuts until they become golden brown
- When they are done, add them to the onion, tofu,basil, cayenne pepper and what has remain from the oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over each mushroom and stuff onion mixture inside
- Stuff and put them into a heatproof dish into the oven for the cheese to melt
- When serving, scatter some baby spinach leaves for decoration on a plate
- Place them on top of the spinach, and the heat will wilt the spinach (not mandatory)
And that’s it.
In case you want to make tofu and mushroom pasta, you should do following:
- Marinate tofu with lime juice, maple syrup, tamari, chilli paste, garlic, and pepper, for about 4 h, or overnight
- When tofu is marinated and ready to cook, spray grill rack or pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Cook 300 gr of pasta according package instructions
- While pasta is cooking, slice two portobello mushrooms
- When it is cooked, drain the pasta
- Slice 50 gr of red onion
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry the mushrooms together with the onion
- Heat the grill or grill pan to medium heat, and place tofu slices on the grill for about 4 min on each side, until the outside is browned and crisp
- When finished, add the fried mushrooms and onion to the pasta and add pine nuts, grilled tofu, chopped parsley and cayenne pepper
- Add warmed up 3 tbsp of double cream and pour over the pasta
And your meal is ready!
Both tofu stuffed mushrooms and portobello mushrooms with pasta are great recipes, and we hope they will find their way on your dining table sooner.
If you make this recipe, let us know how you liked it, or what version you have made.
- This Is So Easy And Fast : Chicken And Spinach Ravioli Recipe!
- Feta Frittata With Fresh Herbs That Will Rock Your Breakfast!
- Easy Carbonara Pasta Made In Just Minutes
- It Is So Easy,You’ll Make It As A Regular One:Tortillas With Tuna Salsa And Cheese
- Grilled Watermelon And Avocado Salad