Creamy Pumpkin And Chestnut Soup
This soup is so delicious, nutritious and easy to make, that you’ll put it on your regular fall/winter menu permanently.
The sweetness coming from pumpkin and chestnuts, and the saltiness coming from a vegetable stock (which you can prepare instead of buying it), are giving a bit of an exotic flavor you are most likely not use to.
Freshly baked home croutons which you can season up with whatever you like, can add a bit of your own twist to this delicious soup and make it as your signature dish.
Your family will love this soup – especially your kids.
How to make it?
Just follow the recipe.
- 1 kg of pumpkin flesh
- 200-300 gr of cooked and peeled chestnuts
- 1 l of vegetable stock
- 200-250 ml double cream
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- salt ( taste before adding any since the veggie stock is already salted)
- Add the pumpkin to a large pot with vegetable stock
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for at least 15 minutes so the pumpkin can soften
- When pumpkin is done, put it into a food blender, but be careful to do it when it is cooled down a bit (not to crack the blender from the heat – you can heat it afterwards when seasoned before serving it)
- Add the cooked chestnuts
- Put the double cream as well and blend all together until you get creamy and smooth texture(if you’re vegan skip the double cream)
- Adjust seasoning with pepper
- In case the soup is too thick and concentrated, you can add just a little more vegetable stock to adjust
- To serve, pour the hot and creamy soup into large bowls, add the croutons and if you like you can sprinkle with some toasted almonds, hazelnuts or nuts (be careful if you’re not allergic to them)
- You can also drizzle some olive oil to get that Master Chef dish appearance, and even sprinkle with fried bacon chips prepared earlier. It all depends which flavor you want to dominate.
And that’s it. As you can see it is no fuss at all.
In case you decide to make it, let us know how it turned out and whether you liked it.
And of course, you can do it in the comments part, don’t hesitate!
- Amazing Comfort Dish – Chicken And Sweet Potato Soup
- How To Make The Perfect Tofu Stuffed Mushrooms
- Caribbean Bean And Rice Soup
- Don’t Avoid This Gorgeous Chestnut Puree Recipe – It Is Amazing!
- How To Make The Perfect Turkey Gravy From Scratch