Crab Meat Benefits
Before we share the recipe, we’d like to say few words about crab meat benefits.
Crabs are popular item on a seafood menu in many restaurants, and they are being so popular as they offer a number of health benefits such as :
- its ability to increase cognition
- protect the heart
- reduce inflammation
- strengthen bones
- boost the immune system
- stimulate circulation
- and detoxify the body
There are thousands of different species of crabs across the world, but, there are only a handful of species used as a food source.
The most used one is Portunus trituberculatus, and nearly 300,000 tons of these crabs are fished each year and consumed around the world.
Better Bone Health
Almost all crab meat is high in phosphorus concentration, making it an important food for people wanting to have healthier bones.
If you are at high risk for osteoporosis or are getting older and want to lead an active lifestyle in the future, high-phosphorus foods like crab are very important.
Better Mental Activity
Crab meat also have significant amounts of cooper, vitamin B2, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids, making it beneficial for your nervous system.
Its consistence is strengthening myelin sheet and protecting the nervous system, as well as reducing inflammation and plaque in neural pathways.
Combining all these elements, you get a perfect cognitive cocktail if you have enough crab intake on a weekly or monthly basis.
Better Heart Health
As crab meat is high in omega-3 fatty acids, they’re balancing your cholesterol and promote anti-inflammatory activity throughout the body.
This can reduce your blood pressure, lower strain on the heart, and prevent the development of atherosclerosis, as well lessen your risk of having a heart attack and stroke.
Crab meat has all the elements crucial for reducing body inflammation: omega-3 fatty acid, copper and selenium, and if you suffer from arthritis, gout, or gastrointestinal inflammation issues, then, including some crab meat on your weekly menu isn’t such a bad idea.
Better Immune System
Crab meat is full of selenium, which has been directly linked to stimulating immune system activity, and also acts as an antioxidant to protect the body from possible chronic diseases.
Along with riboflavin, which also increases the production of antioxidants in the body, are the perfect health keeper pair.
The phosphorus levels found in crab meat can help to improve better kidney function, speeding the release of toxins from the body and helping to improve overall metabolic efficiency.
A Word Of Warning!
The benefits of crab meat are tremendous, but it’s important to remember that crabs do possess high levels of sodium and cholesterol.
This is important for people suffering from cardiovascular conditions or high cholesterol.
In such cases, adding crab meat to your diet too often, may result with doing more harm than good.
Before considering crab meat as addition to your meal and diet plan, it is better to speak to a nutritionist, or your medical professional.
And now – the recipe!
Crab Lettuce Wraps
This recipe serves 2 and it only takes 10 min to prep.
- 350 g of canned crab (drained)
- 1 red deseeded chopped chili
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of chopped mint
- 1 cm of grated ginger root
- 4 halved lettuce leaves
Chili Dipping Sauce
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 deseeded and chopped chili
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 finely sliced spring onion
- Take a medium bowl and mix the crab meat, coriander, chili, mint, lime juice and grated ginger
- Then, spoon equal amounts of the prepared mixture on the lettuce leaves
- Roll them up
- After you finish the crab rolls, make the dipping sauce
- Take a small bowl and mix together the sugar, lime juice, vinegar and the soy sauce, until you see the sugar is dissolving
- When you are done, put in the spring onion and the chili as well
- Serve the rolls on a plate and add the small bowl of dipping sauce aside on the plate
Quite simple and fast, isn’t it?
- Celery Juice With Pineapple And Grape
- Great Tomato,Basil And Apple Juice For Daily Boost
- Sunday Sauce Meatballs- Great Recipe In No Time!
- 2 Amazing Carrot Juice Combinations You Probably Never Tried
- Amazing Salmon Recipe Made In No Time: Salmon Curry With Tomato Salad