Ah Those Muffins…
Chocolate chip muffins are almost everybody’s favorite desert, but making a slightly healthier version of them such as banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins, will make your family happy too.
And you know what?
These banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins contain no flour, no butter, are gluten free, naturally sweetened with honey and made entirely in your blender, so why not to simply adore them?
Yes, you’ve heard it right – made in your blender.
These banana oatmeal muffin recipe is easily adaptable to any of your favorite muffin mix-es.
You can always add some of your favorite fruits such as nuts, chia or flax-seeds, and of course, the inevitable chocolate chips.
How to make these gorgeous muffins?
Here’s the recipe.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups oats (quick cooking or old fashioned)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminium free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, or chopped dark chocolate, nuts, dried cranberries or blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F(205 C)
- Lightly grease a 12-cup standard muffin tin or line with paper liners. If using liners, lightly grease them as well
- Set aside
- Place all ingredients in a blender with steel blade: oats, bananas, eggs, Greek yogurt, honey, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt
- Blend or process at high speed
- Stop occasionally to scrape down and stir the ingredients until the batter is smooth, and the oats have broken down almost completely
- Do this for about 3 minutes or so
- Stir in the muffin mix (chocolate chips, or chopped dark chocolate, dried cranberries or blueberries etc)
- The chocolate chips may melt when stirred if the batter is warm from the appliance’s motor
- If you want to avoid this, let the batter cool for at least 10 minutes or so, before adding them
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, filling each no more than three-quarters
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips or nuts as desired
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Place the pan aside and let the muffins cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes.
What’s left to do?
Remove those gorgeous looking banana oatmeal muffins from the pan and enjoy!
- Always Handy And Tasty Apple Strudel Muffins
- Don’t Miss Out This Fall Favorite Recipe-Pumpkin Gingerbread
- How To Make 5 Min Vegan Pancakes
- How To Make These Amazing Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Pure Indulgence – Banana & Chocolate Smoothie