Cold Weather And Cough
As the weather is getting colder, it brings along with it many viruses and illness.Some people by living in pollution get various types of lung disease.Coughing is one of them.
If it is not so serious but it is bothering already,you can deal with it with homemade cures.
Ginger acts as a natural decongestant and also relieves a sore throat, thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral and antibacterial properties. It has a component called oleoresin,that can help prevent and relieve coughing.
Honey is another remedy to help calm a cough by soothing the throat.It has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that help fight upper respiratory tract infections.
Lemon juice,due to its high vitamin C content, is also beneficial for combating colds and coughing. It acts as a powerful antioxidant and boosts the immune system.They also have antiviral and antibacterial properties to fight infections.
Food grade glycerin helps soothe coughing and a sore throat due to its demulcent properties. It also works as a natural preservative.
Using ginger,honey and glycerine can ease your coughing problems,and here is how:
Ginger,Honey And Lemon Syrup
- Raw honey
- 2 lemons
- A grater
- A saucepan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A strainer and a bowl
- A jar for storing the cough syrup
- Peel a piece of ginger root and cut it into slices
- Zest 2 fresh lemons using a grater
- Pour 1 cup of water into a saucepan
- Add ¼ cup of the ginger slices
- Add 1½ to 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- Bring the solution to a boil, then let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Strain the solution and set it aside
- Pour 1 cup of raw honey into a saucepan and heat it over low heat, but do not let it boil
- Mix in the previously strained ginger solution
- Add the juice extracted from both the lemons
- Keep stirring the mixture over low heat for a few minutes
- Turn off the heat and pour the solution into a jar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon every 2 hours for children ages 1 to 5 years
- 1 to 2 teaspoons every 2 hours for children ages 5 to 12 years
- 1 to 2 tablespoons every 4 hours for adults and children older than 12 years
Glycerin,Honey and Lemon Anti-Coughing Syrup
- Raw honey
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Food-grade glycerin
- A mixing bowl
- A jar to store the cough syrup
- Put ¼ cup of glycerin into a bowl
- Add ¼ cup of honey
- Add ¼ cup of lemon juice
- Whisk the mixture thoroughly and transfer it into a jar
Take 1 teaspoon of this cough syrup every few hours. It smells and tastes wonderful, by the way!
- Take 1 teaspoon of this cough syrup every few hours. It smells and tastes wonderful, by the way!
- If you do not have fresh ginger for the first recipe, you can use ½ teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Use buckwheat honey, which has been found to be helpful in easing nighttime coughing in children ages 2 and older.
- You can also add a little ginger juice to the second cough syrup recipe.
- Consider adding other ingredients like onion, garlic and cayenne pepper to your cough syrup recipe
These cough syrups are not recommended for children under age 1 because the honey may cause a rare, but possibly fatal, type of food poisoning called infant botulism.
- How To Stop Cough Immediately
- 4 Refreshing Sparkling Juice Recipes That Will Cool You Down
- Summer Refreshment With Lemonade And Ice Tea
- Gorgeous Chestnut Puree Recipe
- Winter Warm Drinks-Dual Pleasure For Coffee And Tea Fans