Creative Bench For Garden
Making your own bench for garden can be great opportunity to check out you DIY skills. With a little change in the backyard space,you can create beautiful outdoor enjoying space.
Here are presented some steps of creative way to make a bench for your garden.
Concrete blocks and wooden beams are usual materials for building purposes but,have you ever thought that using them appropriately you can create modern and unusual outdoor furnishing.
Using a little bit of your imagination and creativity,you can transform a part of your backyard or paddio in onlu an hour time.
- 12 concrete blocks
- 4 wooden beams,thickness 10 x 10 cm(or you can see the dimensions of the holes in the concrete blocks you will find)
- Concrete glue
- Concrete color
- Spongy bedpan(for sitting)
How to make it
Before making the sitting bench,check if the terrain is even.
- Set the four blocks vertically next to each other,and from above set two more blocks horizontally. Do the same to the other side as well.
- Temporarily ,protract the wooden beams through the upper blocks so the beams can be at least 15 cm out from the block holes on each side. If you want a bench for smaller dimensions ,change the blocks and cut the beams.
- When you will be satisfied with the appearance and dimensions of the bench, put aside the beams and glue the concrete blocks.
4. Color the concrete blocks with paint that you wish,and when it dries,protract the wooden beams through the upper block holes.
5. Set the spongy bedpan and the bench is ready.You can buy the bedpan or you can make it by yourself from sponge with desired thickness and canvas by your choice.
By the same principle, you can create bench with backrest
Photo:Lena Sekine/Sarah Hamilton