If You Want To Loose Some Weight – Try Celeriac
If you want to loose some weight, then Celeriac is the magic root for you. It is a popular winter-season root vegetable, which is often used in various dishes, soups and stews.
Since it has a lot health benefits, it is highly recommended for everyday use. It also acts like diuretic, therefore it’s use is recommended for lowering blood pressure and excess water.
- Celeriac is very low in calories. Only 100 g root, have just 42 calories, quite higher than that of leaf-celery. It’s smooth flesh has some health benefiting plant-nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber.
- Study has shown that it posses anti-cancer properties and, thereby, may offer protection from colon cancer and acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Celeriac is very good source of vitamin K and only 100 g of root, provides recommended daily intake.
- Vitamin-K improve bone mineralisation by promoting osteotrophic activity in the bones. Research studies suggest that it also has established role in Alzheimer’s disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in the brain.
The root is a very good source of :
- Vitamin C
Phosphorus is required for cell metabolism, maintaining blood buffer system, bone and teeth formation. Copper helps restore immunity, prevents anemia, and required for bone metabolism.
All of these benefits, together with orange juice – gives you a great detox drink.
Celeriac, Alfalfa & Orange Juice
Makes 200 ml
- 100 g orange
- 100 g celeriac
- 100 g alfalfa sprouts
- Peel the orange and separate it
- Peel the celeriac and cut into chunks
- Rinse the alfalfa sprouts
- Juice the ingredients
- Pour the juice into glass
- Add slices of orange and serve
Celery, Alfalfa & Apple Juice
- 3 celery sticks
- 2 apples
- 25 g alfalfa sprouts
- Trim 3 celery sticks and cut into 5 cm lengths
- Juice them with 2 apples and 25 alfalfa sprouts
- Pour into glass and serve chilled.