Pistachio Nutrition Facts
Pistachio nuts have always been as a symbol of wellness and health since ancient times. The kernels are enriched with many health-benefiting nutrients which are essential for acquiring optimum health.
The pistachio plant is a medium sized broad, bushy tree, believed it have originated in the mountain ranges of West-Asia and Turkey region.
Pistachios are rich source of energy: in 100 g they carry 557 calories, therefore, you need to consume them in moderate way.
They are packed with good amounts of mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and antioxidants, and regular consumption of pistachios in a diet, may help lowering total as well as bad LDL cholesterol and increase good HDL cholesterol levels within the blood.
Research studies suggest that Mediterranean diet which is rich in dietary-fiber, mono-unsaturated fatty acids, and antioxidants, can help reduce coronary artery disease and stroke risk by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
Knowing these great attributes pistachios have, why not to incorporate them in all time summer favorite delish – ice cream.
Homemade Pistachio Ice Cream
Preparation time: 20 min
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbl granulated sugar
- 2 cups half and half (or 1 cup whole milk + 1 cup heavy cream)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup pistachio paste
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks thoroughly
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, stir the sugar in to the half and half and let come to a simmer without letting mixture come to a full boil.
- Slowly pour the hot cream over the egg yolks mixture while whisking to temper the egg yolks, and then return the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat stirring constantly, until the cream coats the back of spoon or rubber spatula.
- Let cool completely, strain and refrigerate overnight until it is cold enough
- Stir in the almond extract and pistachio paste to the chilled custard
- Process the custard according to your ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions
- Spoon ice cream into container and freeze until it hardens, for at least 4 hours.
And then… enjoy it!
- What Is Fall Without Roasted Chestnuts?
- What Is A Holiday Celebration Without Homemade Eggnog
- Delicious Chicken and Cashews Recipe
- Simple Way How To Make Olive Oil Hair Mask For Dry Hair
- Have You Ever Tried This Amazing Rhubarb And Custard Smoothie?