Why Do They Happen
Black knees and elbows occur when there is a buildup of thick and dead skin that is caused by friction. This condition can happen to anyone, and it doesn’t matter the color of one’s skin.
Too much rubbing in these areas will bring the black buildup on, and can happen easily from leaning your elbows on the table or kneeling on the ground.
If you’re out in the sun a lot you may also notice the elbows becoming darker. Not taking the time to exfoliate these areas will result in them turning dark and becoming unappealing.
How To Get Rid Of Black Elbows And Knees
The next time you notice your knees or elbows turning a little darker, there are great home remedies to take care of this condition naturally.
Sugar and Olive Oil Scrub
- This is a great way to both exfoliate and moisturize
- Mix equal parts of sugar and olive oil to make a paste
- Rub this paste on the afflicted areas for about five minutes
- Rinse off after this time, and you’ll notice a big difference in the black skin on your knees and elbows
Lemon and Gram Flour
Lemon and its wonderful bleaching properties come into play again in this easy home remedy for black knees and elbows. The combination of the lemon with the gram flour (an exfoliate) will help in amazing ways.
- Mix the two until they form a nice paste and then rub that on the areas you wish to take care of
- Let this dry and then rinse
- It should help immensely with your problem areas
Lemon and Honey
The combination of these two foods is used in many home remedies, and it will greatly help with black knees and elbows. Lemon juice has natural bleaching properties, and the honey will moisturize the skin helping to prevent further blackening of the knees and elbows.
- Juice one lemon and mix with one tablespoon of honey
- Leave it on the skin for at least twenty minutes.
- Wash off this mixture and you will immediately notice your skin is much lighter.
Tomatoes & Grapes
Tomatoes and grapes also contain bleaching properties that will help to remove unsightly black spots from the knees and elbows.
- Rub the juices from these fruits regularly on black spots and you will notice they begin to fade with time
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe is great for the skin, and has been used for sunburns and other skin conditions for thousands of years. Using this on black knees and elbows will help to reduce the damage caused by the sun, moisturize, and help prevent further black skin from appearing.
- Apply the fresh gel to your knees and elbows and let sit for about thirty minutes before rinsing it off. Your skin will look fresh, much smoother, and the darkness will be visibly lighter.
Vinegar & Yogurt
Put together, these two agents will remove black spots and greatly moisturize the skin on your knees and elbows.
- Mix a few tablespoons of vinegar in with plain yogurt and leave it on the dark spots and let dr.
- When it becomes dry, rub it in a circular motion for a few minutes and then wash off
It works and will leave your skin soft, supple, and considerably lighter.
Olive & Other Natural Oils
Remember that black knees and elbows are often a sign of very dry skin. Using olive and other natural oils such as sesame seed or coconut is a great way to give your knees and elbows the moisture they need to keep from developing dry, black looking skin.
Turmeric, Milk, and Honey
The combination of these three ingredients will do wonders to clear up black knees and elbows. The milk acts as the bleach, the turmeric as an antiseptic, and the honey as a moisturizer.
- Mix the three of these together until you form a nice paste
- Apply to the dark areas and leave on the skin for at least twenty minutes
- After this time, wet your hands and rub the paste in a circular motion for at least two minutes
- Wash it off well and notice the huge difference in the color and health of your knees and elbows
Baking soda pops up in a lot of home remedies, and black knees and elbows are no exception.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with some milk to make a paste
- Scrub this on the knees and elbows in a circular motion every other day until you see conditions improve
The baking soda will work to exfoliate and the milk will moisturize and bleach the skin.
For Summer-Use Sunscreen
Getting too much sun is an easy way to develop black knees and elbows. If you’re in the sun a lot, make sure to always use plenty of sunscreen and reapply throughout the day every few hours. This is a great preventative measure and will help to keep symptoms from getting worse.
- Are Cracked Feet Bothering You? These Amazing Remedies Can Help!
- How To Get Rid Of Ingrown Hairs Naturally
- How To Prepare Your Own Spa Milk Bath At Home
- Amazing Benefits Of Potato Juice For Face And Hair
- Tips On How To Say Goodbye To Pimples