Occasionally,you might have digestive problems like bloating and constipation which might cause hemorrhoid problems,and to avoid such issues,you should consider adding prune as regular on your menu.
Which health benefits they posses?
Prunes Improve The Digestion Process
Prunes are high in fiber,which helps prevent hemorrhoids brought on by constipation. Chronic constipation is a common problem in older adults and can be caused by pelvic floor dysfunction or the side effects of medication.
It can also be a painful problem for infants. Prune juice acts as a laxative thanks to its high sorbitol content, so ask your doctor if it’s right for you.
Controls The Bladder Urge
Did you know?
- Prunes are a type of plum. They differ from other plums because of their high sugar content, which allows them to be dried without fermenting.
- They’re high in fiber and can help you regulate your bowels and your bladder.
An overactive bladder can be uncomfortable to deal with, but adding fiber to your diet can help. Oftentimes, constipation from lack of fiber can have a negative effect on bladder function and increase the frequency of urination.
The Cleveland Clinic recommends taking 2 tablespoons of the following mixture every morning to help you regulate your bowels:
- 3/4 cup prune juice
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
Boost Body Systems
Prunes are a good source of potassium, an electrolyte that assists in a variety of vital bodily functions. This mineral helps with:
- heart rhythm
- nerve impulses
- muscle contractions
- blood pressure
Since the body doesn’t naturally produce potassium, consuming prunes or prune juice can help you avoid deficiencies.Just don’t take too much.
Good Source Of Iron
Anemia occurs when the body doesn’t have sufficient healthy red blood cells, which iron helps to make. Shortness of breath, irritability, and fatigue are all signs of mild anemia. Prune juice is a great source of iron and can help prevent and treat iron deficiency.
Builds Bones And Muscles
According to older studies, dried prunes are an important source of the mineral boron. Boron can help build strong bones and muscles. It may also help with improving mental acuity and muscle coordination.
Reduces Plaque In Arteries
Plaque buildup in the arteries causes atherosclerosis, a narrowing of the arteries, which can result in a shortage of oxygen and blood to the tissues of the body.
If left untreated, this can lead to heart failure, stroke, and heart attack. Research suggests that dried prunes may help slow the development of atherosclerosis. Scientists have shown that eating prunes and drinking prune juice can significantly reduce blood pressure.
Lowers The Risk Of Colon Cancer
Colon cancer is often hard to detect, but it can be aggressive. Diet can help prevent colon cancer, and research has shown that adding dried plums to your diet may reduce your risk.
Great Addition To Your Diet
Prunes come with a large number of health benefits, and can improve digestion while offering needed nutrients. Some people, however, struggle to incorporate prunes into their diet.
Here are some ways to eat more prunes:
- Eat them alone as a snack
- Add prunes to your breakfast oatmeal
- Mix them with nuts, other dried fruits such as apricots, and dark chocolate chips for a healthy trail mix.
- Add them to baked good.
- Blend them (or use prune juice) for drinks or smoothies
- Puree prunes and eat them as “prune butter” or jam
- Add them to a savory stew
For best results, make sure that you gradually increase your fiber intake and drink enough water. A sudden change in fiber without adequate hydration can be hard on your digestive system.
Don’t forget to ask your doctor if prunes or prune juice are right for you. High-fiber foods and drinks can have an adverse effect on people with certain diseases, such as ulcerative colitis.
Prune,Apple & Cinnamon Smoothie
Makes 400 ml
- 65 g prunes
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 350 ml apple juice(freshly prepared)
- 3 tbs of Greek Yogurt
- ice cubes
- Roughly chop the prunes
- Put them in a large bowl together with cinnamon
- Pour over the apple juice
- Cover and leave it over night
- Put the prunes,apple juice and yogurt in a food processor or blender and smooth
- Pour the smoothie into a glass over ice cubes,sprinkle with extra cinnamon and drink immediately.
- Dried Fruit Salad And Apples-Great Fall Smoothie To Try
- Carrot,Pineapple And Parsnip Smoothie
- Great Tomato,Basil And Apple Juice For Daily Boost
- Have You Tried Sorghum – It IsThe New Trendy Superfood
- Pineapple As Keeper Of Our Health