Cold weather can be really hard on our hair,therefore,we need to pay attention more on the quality of our hair.
Humidity is low, which might seem nice when your hair isn’t frizzy, but in reality when there’s little moisture in the air, your hair can get really dry.
With the dry air, the heat treatments, and the increased use of hats and scarves, your hair is probably starting to get some damage, too. Is it breaking easily? Do you have more split ends than usual? Has it grown dull and lost its shine?
Well,here are some homemade masks for dry and damaged hair you can try.
Healthy Hair In A Cold Weather
- Stop washing your hair every day. If you are able to skip a day or two between hair-washings, it would be excellent.Every time you wash your hair, you’re stripping it of its natural, beneficial oils. In autumn and winter especially, your hair really needs those!
- If you have to dry your hair, try not to do it every time you shower. If you can limit hair-drying to once or twice a week, you’ll be saving your hair a lot of damage.
- Run a humidifier. You should really be doing this anyway – it’s good for your skin and your airways, too – but it will definitely help your hair.
- Use a moisturizing hair mask treatment.
It’s not hard to make a mask for your hair.Try these and you will see the results.
This is the most simple hair mask you can make for yourself. It only has one ingredient –coconut oil.All you need for this is about a quarter of a cup of warmed coconut oil. (It needs to be in its liquid state.)
Simply apply it to your hair (wet or dry, it doesn’t really matter) and leave it in for at least an hour. You’ll want to be in the bathtub for this, or well-covered with a towel.
If you’re going to continue going about your chores or even keep this treatment on overnight, make sure you take the necessary precautions, like a shower cap.
When you’re finished with your treatment, wash the coconut oil out of your hair and carry on as normal.
Warning: coconut oil makes showers slippery, so be prepared to clean it up immediately.
Avocado and Egg Yolk
Turns out egg really is a great thing to put in your hair. For a moisturizing, restorative, make-it-shine hair mask, mix it with some avocado!
- ½ an avocado
- 2 egg yolks
Mix ingredients well. Apply to wet or dry hair and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing and washing hair.
Yogurt,Honey And Olive Oil
Honey might not sound like something you want to put on your hair, and I understand. It’s like the stickiest substance found in nature. But when you mix it with a little yogurt and olive oil, it’s an important component to helping get your hair back in shape.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup yogurt
Mix the ingredients well. Apply to damp hair, and allow to sit for 15-2o minutes. Rinse and wash your hair, and allow to dry as normal.
Which mask do you think you’ll try first and beet that nasty cold weather?
- Simple Way How To Make Olive Oil Hair Mask For Dry Hair
- How To Cure Dry And Chemically Damaged Hair Easily
- 9 Hacks How To Use Avocado As Beauty Help!
- Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Egg Whites You Never Knew!
- The Most Unusual Aspirin Uses In Everyday Living