What Is Your Definition Of Being Happy
Happy people. Happy life. Isn’t happiness what we all searching for our entire lives? There are so many definitions of happiness these days and they all depend on your views of life in general.
Have you ever analyzed yourself what makes YOU happy?
Many studies have been conducted chasing this term, and positive psychology theorizes that 60 percent of happiness is determined by our genetics, and environment and the remaining 40 percent is how we choose to respond.
Dozens of researchers have studied the art and science of happiness and they found that the most interesting habits of the happiest people in the world are these.
Living In Present Time
The happiest people focus on what they can control and it’s possible to choose happiness in the moment, no matter the struggles they may be going through.
They know how to enjoy the small moments weather they are good ones or bad ones. They have a higher level of awareness of life itself. They focus on the moment and enjoy it in it’s fullest.
Mindset Tuned To Growth
By definition, a fixed mindset usually seeks success as affirmation of intelligence or worth, and a growth mindset thrives on challenge and sees failure not as evidence of un-intelligence or unworthiness, but as a catalyst for growth and stretching beyond existing abilities.
After twenty years of research, Carol Dweck concluded that those with a growth mindset had happier relationships, achieved more success in the classroom, and were much more persistent through challenges.
They Choose To Be Surrounded By Happy People
By the people we surround ourselves, has a huge impact on patterns how we think, feel, and what direction we head in life. It may sound harsh, but cutting out the negative people in your life is necessary if you want to be happier.
It means that, they choose to spend less time with them gradually, so they can make some space for themselves and focus on improving of their inner being.
They Pursue Their Dreams
They are not stuck in the past.They have plans and they boldly move to the future. Any bump on the road is welcomed, since it makes them grow.They always find a way around it. It makes them to thrive to success even more.
Having a dream to pursue is a necessity, if you want to realize yourself in a way you have chosen to.You have to have a reason that will make you wake up in the morning that will make you go further.
When some of the happiest and longest-living people were studied, they all had such a reason to strive for.
They Are OK With Waiting
They are “waiters”. Happy people are willing to wait for the rewards and focus on the journey. They chase their dreams but they learn a lot along the way.
They understand that the best things in life come to those who are patient enough and they stick around for the long run, whether that’s a job promotion, relationship or something else.
They Have Their “Own” Time
One of their best habits is knowing how and when to say “NO”. It is SO OK, and no one should be offended by it, if get rejected. No one can be there for you 24/7. Everyone needs it’s OWN time. A time just for yourself.
If you are always agreeable, people will always take advantage of you. You have to set clear boundaries.
Learn. Grow. Move on. Say NO if you need to.
Experience-YES, Material Things-NO
They would rather travel the world, meet new people, expand their horizons and refuse to spend any time in shopping Malls. Material stuff is not of a big significance to them. They want new experiences that will make them grow as a person. Life is different through their eyes. Much more “down to earth”.
They Are Givers Not Takers
Many of them live in a world of abundance where there’s always more opportunities to be had, more money to be made, and more love to share.
They’re always giving when they can. Either it is for raising money for a charity, or volunteering in their free time, or offering a dollar or two to a talented artist playing on a sidewalk…
Happy people have realized that by giving they are helping themselves as well. The joy they feel that they’ve helped someone in need, give them the happiest feeling ever. Helping someone. Can there be a grater joy?
Happy people are long life learners. They are constantly reading new books, exploring other cultures, learning new languages, learning new things all the time.They are challenge seekers.They spent entire life chasing new experiences and inner growth. And they DO find it at the end.
After all, there is no life without growth, don’t you think so?
- Powerful Life Phrases That Can Inspire You
- How To Learn To Be Happy With Who You Are?
- What To Do When Things Go Wrong
- When It Is Time To Take Your Life To Another Level
- Have You Written Your Success Goals For The Next Year?