Have you ever tried different way of consuming watermelon other than fresh – like in a salad? This may be a bit surprising for you, but you know…you can can grill a watermelon and make a salad from it.
Here is a recipe that can prove this little watermelon twist, making it as amazing refreshing summer salad!
Grilled Watermelon and Avocado Salad
- 3 avocados, halved, pit removed and sliced into ½” thick slices
- ½ large seedless watermelon, sliced into ½” thick wedges
- 1 red onion, sliced into ¼ ” thick slices
- 4 tbsp. mint
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tsp. red hot chili pepper, seeded, deveined and finely minced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prep time:15 mins Cook time:15 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 8
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat and lightly grease to prevent sticking
- Add the watermelon, avocados and onions in batches, flipping once you see deep grill marks on each side. Remove from the grill and allow to cool to room temperature
- Once cool, dice the watermelon and avocado and add to a bowl along with the onions. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper
- Meanwhile, mix together the Dijon, honey, and lime juice
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until completely emulsified and then season with salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the dressing over the watermelon and avocado and very gently toss.
When ready to serve, garnish the salad with feta cheese, mint and chili peppers.
Of course, you can make a lot of variations on the subject using tuna slices or even shrimps. We will leave it to your vivid imagination and desire for experimenting with food combinations.
However, enjoy this summer recipe and serve it at room temperature.
- It Is So Easy,You’ll Make It As A Regular One:Tortillas With Tuna Salsa And Cheese
- Have You Tried This Amazing Citrus Chicken Salad? If Not, Now Its Time!
- Feta Frittata With Fresh Herbs That Will Rock Your Breakfast!
- Quinoa And Avocado Salad
- Autumnal Side Dish- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts Warm Salad