If you are at your last minute preparations for your Christmas dinner menu, then this recipe will do the job.
This pie is great addition to a full festive dinner table and no one can resist it.
You should definitely make couple of them because everybody will reach out for a second hand full plate.
Mediterranean Wild Mushroom Pie
Prep period 50-60 min
1 (500g) block of vegan shortcrust pastry
1 large onion
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 fat clove garlic, crushed
200g squash or pumpkin, in small pieces
2 small courgettes, cut in thin slices
250g wild mushrooms, halved or sliced
15g fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
100ml dairy-free cream
2 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
1. Roll out the pastry and line a 10” loose-bottomed baking tray. Trim the excess pastry and blind bake for 15 minutes at 200˚C. Carefully remove the baking paper before you fill the tart.
2. Cut the onion in half and slice it finely. Sauté it in the vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes. Add the crushed garlic, and squash. Cook for a few minutes until the squash begins to soften. Add a tiny splash of water if necessary. Now add the thinly sliced courgettes, mushrooms and chopped parsley. Stir carefully and season with sea salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper.
3. Mix the cream with the sun-dried tomato paste and stir it into the pan.
4. Adjust the seasoning to taste and transfer the filling into your prepared pastry shell. Bake for a further 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
*To blind bake, place pastry in baking tray and cover with a piece of baking paper. Weigh it down with ceramic baking beans or regular dried beans. Any excess pastry can be made into decorations or kept in the fridge for a couple of days.
This is a definite winner!
- Caribbean Bean And Rice Soup
- Insanely Easy Meal-Stir Fry Vegetables In No Time!
- Moussaka Recipe-Eggplant Casserole
- Amazing Salmon Recipe Made In No Time: Salmon Curry With Tomato Salad
- Seven Vegetable Juice