Christmas Dinner Menu
If you are at your last minute preparations for your Christmas dinner menu, this recipe will do the job.
This following pie recipe can be great addition to a full festive dinner table and no one will resist it.
And try to make couple of them because everybody will reach out for a second hand full plate, for sure.
Mediterranean Wild Mushroom Pie
Prep period 50-60 min
* 1 (500 g) block of vegan shortcrust pastry
* 1 large onion
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 fat clove garlic, crushed
* 200 g squash or pumpkin, in small pieces
* 2 small courgettes, cut in thin slices
* 250 g wild mushrooms, halved or sliced
* 15 g fresh parsley, chopped
* Salt and pepper
* 100 ml dairy-free cream
* 2 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- Roll out the pastry and line a 10” loose-bottomed baking tray
- Trim the excess pastry and blind bake for 15 minutes at 200˚C
- Carefully remove the baking paper before you fill the tart
- Cut the onion in half and slice it finely
- Sauté it in the vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes
- Add the crushed garlic, and squash
- Cook for a few minutes until the squash begins to soften
- Add a tiny splash of water if necessary
- Now add the thinly sliced courgettes, mushrooms and chopped parsley
- Stir carefully and season with sea salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper
- Mix the cream with the sun-dried tomato paste and stir it into the pan
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and transfer the filling into your prepared pastry shell
- Bake for a further 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown
- To blind bake, place pastry in baking tray and cover with a piece of baking paper
- Weigh it down with ceramic baking beans or regular dried beans
- Any excess pastry can be made into decorations or kept in the fridge for a couple of days
We hope you will try out this recipe and tell us was it good enough for you.
Believe us, this is a definite winner!
- Caribbean Bean And Rice Soup
- Perfect Protein Packed Meal – Lentil Tomato Salad Dressed With Eggs
- Amazing Salmon Recipe Made In No Time: Salmon Curry With Tomato Salad
- Amazing Comfort Dish – Chicken And Sweet Potato Soup
- Easy Carbonara Pasta Made In Just Minutes