The All Mighty Pizza
Pizza is everybody’s favorite food in the world. It is always present in our homes, and the best thing is you can do so many topping variations.
Whether you like it with ham, cheese, salami, fungi – it will always taste good, and you’ll always want one more slice.
Today, we share a recipe that you probably haven’t made ever, and it is a little bit different, because fruit is in it.
The sweetness coming from the pairs, and salinity from Gorgonzola cheese are perfect match in case you want to taste something different.
Pear & Gorgonzola Pizzas
The recipe is for 2 pizzas
- 1 x 7 g sachet easy blend yeast
- 1 tbsp skimmed milk powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 325 g strong white flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 ml hand-hot water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 180 g peeled pears, coned and cut into 16 slices
- 100 g Gorgonzola cheese, roughly crumbled
- handful of rocket to garnish
- Take a large bowl and mix together the yeast, milk powder, salt, flour and sugar
- Stir the oil into the water and pour into the flour mixture
- Mix so you can form a soft dough, adding water or flour if necessary
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for about 5 min
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth
- Leave the dough to rest and rise in a warm place until it double its size
- Divide the dough in two, and knead each ball
- Roll into a circle for at least 20 cm across and place on a baking sheet
- Brush the dough with 1 teaspoon of oil
- Layer over the pear slices and scatter over Gorgonzola cheese
- Repeat the procedure for the second dough ball
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 220 C for 15-20 min until the crust is golden brown (it can take longer depending of your oven possibilities).
- When taken out from the oven, place them on a plate and sprinkle over some rocket (optional)
Of course you can add whatever you like besides pears such as prosciutto, caramelized onions, ham…whatever you please, and still it will taste good.
How does this sound? Will you make it?
- Perfect Winter Christmas Desert – Croatian Plum Dumplings
- 2 Tasteful Vegan Breakfast Recipes For Christmas Morning
- Moussaka Recipe-Eggplant Casserole
- Easy Recipe: Hot And Spicy Casserole To Heat Up Your Gut
- Always Handy And Tasty Apple Strudel Muffins