Your Eating Habits…
If you feel tired all the time and you toss and turn all night long, maybe your eating habits are the answer for your problems.
Find out which eating habits to avoid before you go to sleep.
If one of your habits is to eat dinner at 5-6 PM and don’t go to sleep until midnight or later, you might find your stomach growling for more food as you’ll try to fall asleep.
In order to avoid this kind of situation,you can prepare a small snack before bed( glass of milk or a small protein shake).
- Try not to make the snack above 200 calories, as you don’t want to feel too full for bedtime
- Avoid eating too late, however, as this could cause indigestion and heartburn
It was scientifically proven that it takes six hours your body to eliminate a part of the caffeine intake.This means that drinking coffee habit, even six hours before bed can keep you awake at night.
Caffeine can also cause anxiety in some people, which can contribute to insomnia. Try to drink your coffee in the morning and early afternoon, and if you have trouble sleeping at night, avoid drinking your afternoon cups of coffee.
Do not eat large meals before going to bed.Your body needs some time to digest everything you have put in.
Instead,try to have a bigger breakfast and lunch, and prepare a lighter dinner so that you can fall asleep easier at night.
No Dairy Before Bed
In a research published in Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine was presented that consuming high-fat dairy products before bed could disrupt your sleep.
Low-fiber, high-fat, high-sugar diets have been found to negatively impact how deep you sleep.
High-fat foods can also take longer to digest, which means your body will once again have to use tons of energy to move the foods through your system while you try to get some “shutdown”.
- Try not to drink too much water before bed, as this can keep you up all night running to the bathroom.
- Try relaxation techniques before bed.Meditation, yoga or deep breathing exercises will calm your mind before bedtime.
- Keep your room dark, cool and free from distractions.
- Turn off electronics a couple hours before bedtime
- You can read a book to get you sleepy.
- Turn off all artificial lights at least a couple hours before bedtime as well, since these lights can disrupt melatonine levels.
Remember,you deserve to have a good night sleep to balance your mind, body and spirit and to get ready for the next day!
- What Causes Insomnia And How To Deal With It
- How To Turn Your Bedroom Into Magnificent Oasis For Sleep
- Which Do You Think Is Better:Coffee Or Tea
- 7 Pre-Sleeping Habits That Will Put You On The Right Track!
- How To Enjoy Thanksgiving Without Counting Calories