What Is Casserole?
Casserole is an oven-baked meal where simple ingredients are turned into a delicious dish. The magic that oven can give you while baking, melting and transforming ingredients is irreplaceable.
Most of the time, this is one-dish meal, not needing anything but a simple salad to round up the meal.
You can make plenty of variations : dessert casseroles, side dish casseroles or appetizer casseroles, depend on the occasion. The best recipes are when you mix only few ingredients and you have a great meal in no time.
You can put everything in casseroles – from herbs, to roasted nuts, lemon, all sorts of spices, or just you can add simple variations of cheese and you’ll still get something delicious to try.
Here is one easy recipe for hot flavor fans.
Hot Chili Casserole
- 2 cans of drained whole green chili peppers
- 6-8 ounces of shredded Monterey Jack cheese(or any other upon your taste Cheddar cheese)
- 2 eggs(beaten of course)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven on 180 C degrees
- Spray coking oil on a baking dish
- Put half of the chilies evenly on bottom of a baking dish
- Sprinkle with half of the cheeses and cover it with remaining chilies
- Take a bowl and mix together the eggs, milk and flour
- Pour over the top of the chilies
- Bake for at least 25 minutes
- Remove it from the oven an then pour the tomato sauce over the top
- Sprinkle it over with remaining cheeses and a bit of sliced spring onion and continue to bake for another 15 minutes until cheese melts down
- And of course…serve
I must tell you, the smell while you bake it is irresistible and you can’t have enough patience to dive into it!
Remember, it is hot flavored and if you are not fan of such flavor then this might not be the right recipe for you to try…
- Amazing Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
- Moussaka Recipe-Eggplant Casserole
- Feta Frittata With Fresh Herbs That Will Rock Your Breakfast!
- Thanksgiving Classic Pumpkin Pie You Can Make In No Time
- Have You Ever Made Pear And Gorgonzola Pizza? It’s Time To Try!