Whenever we don’t have enough time to prep ourselves a decent meal, we turn to all mighty pasta. And for today, we share how to make this easy Carbonara pasta in just minutes.
It is really very simple to prepare it and it doesn’t require top culinary skills to have.
So lets start.
Easy Carbonara Pasta
- 400 gr of Barilla Spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 200-250 gr of bacon shortcut rindless rashers, cut into 2 cm lengthwise pieces
- chopped parsley for decoration
- At first you need to cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following the directions from the package, until they become soft and tender (don’t over-boil them as they’ll become mushy)
- When pasta is cooked, drain and return it to pan
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat
- Add the bacon and fry it for about 4-5 min until it becomes crisp
- In a jug, whisk the whole eggs, additional 2 egg yolks, cream and parmesan and season with pepper
- Then, add the bacon and egg mixture to the pasta
- Cook more by tossing and turning them over low heat for about 1 minute, or until all ingredients combine well
- When finished, place them in deep bowl or to plates directly, and top the Carbonara pasta with parsley
- And of course – serve!
Easy Carbonara Pasta Without Eggs
This recipe is a slight variation from the original one, and it uses no eggs.
Preparation time is 30 min and it serves 4 people.
- 450-500 gr spaghetti or any pasta you prefer
- 2 cups regular bacon
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves or chives
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown
- Add onion and garlic, and saute for at least 3 minutes until onion is soft, and gets that yellowish glossy look
- Add oregano and cook another 1 minute
- Add flour and stir to coat the onion
- Add milk and bring to a simmer
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes, until sauce thickens stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, Parmesan and parsley
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Drain pasta, return into pot, add prepared sauce and and toss to coat the pasta and serve
As you can see, both recipes are quite easy, and you can make variations from them as much as you please.
- Sunday Sauce Meatballs- Great Recipe In No Time!
- Spaghetti With Zucchini And Pistachio Pesto
- How To Make The Perfect Tofu Stuffed Mushrooms
- Amazing Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
- Cold Weather Comfort Food- Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup