The Origins Of Italian Salsa Verde
The salsa verde popularity goes back at least 2000 years ago. The basic recipe dates from the Near East, brought to Italy by Roman legionaries.
It is a cold rustic sauce that includes parsley, vinegar, capers, garlic, onion, anchovies, olive oil and in some cases mustard. Usually it is served with meat, poultry, vegetables, grilled or stewed fish.
Today, using a food processor for the matter is much more easier, than preparing it in ancient times where it was done by hand (a lot f chopping included).
We have chosen to share a recipe with salsa verde included, that is very tasteful and very fast to be prepared.
Crispy Chicken With Italian Salsa Verde
This recipe is for 2 people, and you can always double or triple the dosage depending the people to be served.
For the chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts with skin on
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 4-5 potatoes for serving
Salsa Verde ingredients
- 1 roughly chopped garlic clove
- 1 handful of mixed herbs(parsley, basil, thyme)
- 1-2 cornichons
- 1 anchovy
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Use the knife to make three slashes across the skin side of the chicken breasts
- Then, mix thoroughly olive oil, garlic and soy sauce
- Pour them over the chicken breasts using it as a marinade for about 10 min. Make sure they are coated enough from both sides
- In meantime, you can prepare the salsa verde. Mix all ingredients together using a food processor until they form as a chunky paste.
- When you are done with the food processor, scoop the mixture in a bowl, and let it chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve the chicken
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle, and add the marinated chicken breasts, with the skin side down
- Fry them both sides until they are golden brown
- When they are done, serve them with a spoonful of green Italian salsa verde and a few cooked or baked potatoes if you prefer
And that’s it.
Fast, easy and simple.
- Have You Tried This Amazing Citrus Chicken Salad? If Not, Now Its Time!
- Amazing Comfort Dish – Chicken And Sweet Potato Soup
- Deep Fried Ravioli – How To Make This Classic Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipe
- This Is So Easy And Fast : Chicken And Spinach Ravioli Recipe!
- It Is So Easy,You’ll Make It As A Regular One:Tortillas With Tuna Salsa And Cheese