Most of us has experienced dandruff problems and the embarrassment of having white flakes on our clothes and scalp.
It is very common condition and thank God – it is not so hard to cure it.
Although there are lot of shampoos that cures dandruff, there are also some home remedies that can help you with your scalp situation.
What’s The Cause
It comes as a result of overproduction of dead skin, but it can be also triggered by dry air, lack of vitamins or certain types of shampoo which do more harm than good.
Redness and itching are usual side effects and fortunately there are cures for them.
There are many things that can cause dandruff appearance and the most common are:
One of the most common causes is having a dry skin, but not only on your scalp. The usual signs of dryness are shown all over your body including your arms and legs.
It is very important to hydrate your body with water and your skin with natural oils to preserve your skin from dryness.
Yeast fungus is scalp’s usual inhabitant.
When it gets into an excessive state, it causes skin irritation and unpleasant itching followed by scalp redness.
This condition is causing more skin cells growth and the extra ones falls off as white flakes.
Usually,it is not recommended to shampoo too frequently, but if you don’t wash your hair on a regular basis, oils from scalp can produce skin built up and cause this problem.
Washing your hair every 3 days is recommendable.
People who suffer from eczema and psoriasis usually have dry skin in much severe outcome and they have a huge problem of taking care of it.
Psoriasis is hard to cure and it is unpleasant to have.
Not Enough Hair Brushing
If you do not comb or brush your hair regularly, you will cause higher risk of having dandruff, because you are not helping skin shedding that brushing provides naturally.
Most of hair products contain harsh chemicals causing redness and scalp itching. Using to many styling products and shampooing too often can trigger this condition and cause a problem.
Natural Ways To Fight It
Fortunately, there are home remedies that can cure your scalp and usually they are ingredients that you can find in your kitchen.
- Crash 2 aspirin into powder and put them in your handful shampoo amount you use for hair wash
- Leave it for couple of minutes and then rinse
- Wash again with your regular shampoo
Aspirin is used because it contains the same acid which can be found in medicated shampoos.
Look For Baking Soda
Baking soda is something each household have in the kitchen. It is at-hand medicine for your scalp and it can really help you fighting your battle with dry scalp and flakes.
- Rub a handful of baking soda on a wet hair
- Do not shampoo only rinse
Baking soda is yeast worse enemy and put fungi at bay.
At first, you may notice it dried your scalp, but after a while, your scalp with start producing natural oils and will become flake free.
Tea Tree Oil
Study has shown that shampoos containing few percentage of tea tree oil can significantly reduce dandruff. You can try this by adding few drops in your regular shampoo and see how it works.
Good Old Apple Cider Vinegar
The acidity of apple cider vinegar changes the pH of your scalp preventing yeast to grow. For this treatment use:
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Mix the ingredients in a spray bottle and put all over your scalp
- Leave it for 30 min – 1 h by wrapping your head in a towel after you’ve put your shower hat on
- Wash regular with your shampoo
Mouthwash For Hair??
It is odd but it really works.
Because it has anti-fungal properties preventing yeast growth.
- Shampoo regularly
- Rinse with alcohol based mouthwash
The only side effect is that it can cause burning sensations if you have ripped off some skin from scratching.
The All Mighty Coconut Oil
Not only that helps, but you’ll smell like summer all the time
- Use 4-5 tbsp of coconut oil
- Massage your scalp
- Wrap your hair in shower hat and a towel
- Leave it for about an hour
- Shampoo as usual
Lemon Is Not Just For Smoothies
It can help to cure your scalp condition.
It gives you good pH balance of your scalp.
- Juice 1 lemon
- Take 2 tbsp and massage your scalp and rinse with water
- Use this procedure until dandruff is gone
Use this as last rinse after shampooing and rinsing with water. Lemon juice can be effective way to remove dandruff naturally and inexpensive too.
Garlic – Smelly But Effective
Garlic have antimicrobial properties that are much effective in dandruff battle. Simply crash one and massage your scalp with it.
The Healwithfood.org suggests to mix crushed garlic with honey and massaging into the scalp before washing as usual, to avoid the unpleasant garlic odor.
And Finally – Olive Oil
There are shampoos containing olive oil, but if you want to go more natural try this:
- Use 8-10 olive oil drops and massage into scalp
- Put your shower hat on and leave overnight
- Wash your hair with shampoo the next morning
We hope that these remedies will ease and solve your dandruff problem. At least going natural should always give best results.
- Amazing Benefits Of Potato Juice For Face And Hair
- Home Remedies For Preventing Hair Loss
- How To Make Your Hair Color Last Longer And Save Some Money
- Have You Ever Tried These Amazing Baking Soda Beauty Uses
- How To Cure Dry And Chemically Damaged Hair Easily