With combination of the health benefits of cucumber and yogurt, you can easily drop weight and have proper nutrients incorporated as well.
This is an ideal combination for summer refreshment for hot days, or if you are planning to put your self on a diet and lose some weight.
This is one of my favorite cucumber recipes.
I consume this very often, throughout the summer especially, since it is very refreshing and keeps your belly full and cool you off. And low in calories as well.
As this veggie is available throughout the whole year, you can put it on your menu more often. It can be a great side dish with meat, fried or baked zucchini.
Whatever combo you make from it, your taste buds will be more than satisfied. Even if you are a picky one.
Cucumber And Yogurt Salad
Prep time:10 min
- 2 cucumbers
- 500 gr yogurt
- 250ml sour cream(12% fat)
- 2 pinches fresh diced dill
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of ground walnuts
- 1 piece of fresh garlic(or in powder).I prefer in powder, since I don’t want to smell on garlic. You will just get descent not overwhelmed flavor.
- take medium bowl
- cut the cucumber on small cubes and add into the bowl
- add the yogurt,garlic and sour cream and mix gently
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add the ground walnuts and mix gently
- take small decorative bowl
- add the mixed yogurt salad
- sprinkle with fresh diced dill and some ground walnuts
- if the mixture is too thick or too rare,add any ingredient that is missing
- you can add seasoned baked small dices of bread (optional),to add some crunchiness if preferred
I prefer crunchiness inside and believe me you should add some too. It is really a great meal if you want to shred some few more pounds off.
If you have made it and liked it already, feel free to share with us some more recipes you have incorporated this light and fresh combo.
- Ready In No Time: Vegan Creamy Potato Salad
- Amazing Cucumber Lassi Smoothie For Soothing Your Gut
- Grilled Watermelon And Avocado Salad
- Amazing Black Rice Salad With Kale And Beetroot
- This Is Why To Avoid Putting These Foods In The Freezer