Time For Orange Scented And Creamy Rice Pudding Recipe
When you don’t know what kind of dessert to make, rice pudding recipe always comes handy. We all adore rice pudding with all variations it has and we make it quite often.
Of course, each time differently.
This rice pudding recipe has some additional ingredients to flavor it up, and make it little bit different than usual, such as Marsala wine and orange zest.
How to make this delicious orange scented rice pudding?
First of all you need some Marsala.
Marsala wine is a fortified wine from Sicily which is commonly used for cooking to create rich caramelized sauces.
The most common flavors are vanilla, brown sugar, stewed apricot and tamarind, which easily blend with so many recipes.
And if you don’t have Marsala, you can make your own. How?
You simply mix 1⁄4 cup white grape juice or 1⁄4 cup dry white wine with 1 teaspoon brandy.
And now the rice pudding recipe.
- 25 g raisins
- 3 tbsp Marsala wine
- 1 vanilla pod
- 300-350 ml milk
- 1-2 tbsp caster sugar
- zest from ½ orange
- ¼ ground cinnamon
- 50 gr risotto rice
- 50 ml double cream
- toasted almond flakes
- skin peeled orange slices
- extra raisins for decoration
- Put the raisins in Marsala wine in a small bowl and let them soak for a while
- Cut lengthwise vanilla pod and with a knife scoop the vanilla seeds
- Put them in a heavy based saucepan with the milk and bring to boil
- Remove from heat and leave to infuse for about 20 min
- Stir sugar, orange zest and cinnamon into the milk and return the pan to the heat
- Pour in rice and cook gently stirring frequently for about 15-20 min, until mixture becomes thick and creamy, and rice becomes tender.
- Take some rice between your fingers to check the tenderness avoiding to get yourself burned
- When it is finished, stir in the soaked raisins and cream, and heat gently for further 2 min
- Let them blend together
- Take 2 shallow and decorative bowls and pour the rice pudding, add toasted flaked almonds
- Top it with slices of orange and raisins, or just some orange zest (the choice is yours)
- This should be served warm if you want to feel the scent that is prevailing from the orange, Marsala and cinnamon
This is for 2 servings and if you want to make it for more people, double the ingredients.
We hope you’ll enjoy this scented creamy rice pudding recipe as we do, and if you dare to make it, let us know if you liked it.
- Fast And Amazing Desert: Toffee Bananas With Vanilla Cream
- Discover Why Ecuadorian Cuisine Is So Delicious
- How To Make 5 Min Vegan Pancakes
- How To Make The Perfect Christmas Sangria
- Amazing Vegan Overnight Oatmeal