What Are Contact Lenses
Contact lenses are thin lenses placed directly on the surface of the eye.They are medical devices and can be worn to correct vision, or for cosmetic or therapeutic reasons.
Using them can be a truly blessing, but you need to take care of them properly. If you do not handle them properly,you may find yourself with severe eye infection.Hands clean….ALWAYS!
Advantages Of Using Contact Lenses
Using contact lenses have so many advantages.Here are some of them:
- They can give you an excellent natural vision and a short adaption period
- They are comfortable to wear and help in correcting most vision problems
- They are easy to put on and to care for
- Their duration period differs from the type of the lenses
- They do not fog up when humid like glasses
- No weight on ears and face
- They are also used for fancy reasons(they match everything you wear)
- They give you entire field of view (especially important in sports and in driving)
- There are no frames to obstruct your vision like glasses
- Contact lenses won’t collect precipitation and blur your vision
- You have natural appearance by letting people see your eyes
Disadvantages Of Using Contact Lenses
After so many benefits,there are also some disadvantages of wearing contact lenses.
- Contact lenses do not correct all vision problems
- Debris can easily get into your eyes and under the lenses
- If you are going to wear contact lenses regularly, you need to clean and store them properly
- If you are wearing disposable ones, you must follow the schedule for throwing them
- They require more visits to the doctor and a longer initial examination to maintain eye health
- You can easily loose them if not well taken care of
Here, you also have many do’s and don’t for them.
- Sometimes,the distance between your eye and the lens creates distortion
- You might have poor peripheral (side) vision
- Awareness of frame and lens edge
- Constant weight on face and ear pain.Constant adjustment is required.
- Glasses fog up with change of temperature
- They are distraction in physical activities
- Glasses need to complement your outfit and can put load on your budget
- They are annoying to wear on humid weather
Similarities Between Both
There are many differences between glasses and contact lenses, but there are some similarities as well.
Both require careful handling and cleaning
Glasses must be sprayed and wiped several times a day, while contacts need varying degrees of care, depending on the type. Contact lenses are particularly fast and easy to clean.
Both are affordable
When you consider that you wear glasses or contact lenses every single day of your life, the amount you spend on them is far less than for any other item in your wardrobe. Considering how important they are to the quality of your life, they’re really invaluable.
Both can correct astigmatism
Astigmatism is an irregular cornea shape that distorts vision. Many people think only glasses can correct astigmatism, but contact lenses do as well. CL are often preferred for correcting astigmatism because they hold their shape, thereby retaining the proper visual correction, better than soft lenses.
Now,knowing all of this, what will be your choice that suits your lifestyle?
- Do You Make These Contact Lenses Mistakes And How To Avoid Them
- How To Prevent Health Problems In Your 20’s
- Did You Know That People Judge You Based On These Things
- 16 Useful Winter Skin Care Tips To Stick To!
- Find Out Do You Suffer From Mold Illness