As Christmas is approaching fast, last minute preparations are ongoing. If you want to try something new this Christmas, you definitely must try these Croatian plum dumplings. They are easy to be made and even easier to eat.
As I have been many times to Croatia and it’s coast, I have gathered some of their famous recipes to try and this is one of many.
If you haven’t been there, you must put it in your vacation plan. The country has much to offer. And you will have memorable vacation you would want to repeat.
Croatian Plum Dumplings
- 500 g potatoes
- 180 g sharp flour
- 1 tbs of hard pig grease
- 1 egg
- 6 g baking powder
- 400-500 g baked bread crumbs
- Boil unpeeled potatoes
- Peel them while warm and smash them with a fork (not to have any lumps)
- Add the egg, hard pig grease and baking powder
- Then knead a dough from the ingredients
- It will become a sticky dough
- Don’t put additional flour so your dumplings won’t be hard, if it is much sticky dough, add just a little bit of flour
- Wet your palms,take a piece of the dough, make a ball and then squeeze between palms
- In the middle of that dough put a plum, and wrap it around the dough. Make it look like medium ball.
- While preparing the dumplings, put them on a flat surface that is a bit floured so they wont stick on it.
- Boil water in a big pot
- When it boils, add the dumplings and wait a bit
- When they rise up to the surface they are done
- Put them on a platter until next phase
- In a pan, put some oil and wait until it is heated
- Add the breadcrumbs and fry them until they are golden brown.
- While frying, add some sugar,vanilla sugar and cinnamon
- When it is golden brown set aside
- Put the dumplings in it one by one, and roll them so their surface will be totally covered with the bread crumbs
- Serve warm
You can also freeze the dumplings before boiling (if you don’t want them consumed immediately). You can always take a couple of them,boil them and do the bread crumbs phase, whenever you want that desert on your menu. We do that all the time.
We hope you’ll like this recipe. It has become our all time favorite and maybe it’ll become yours as well…
- Always Handy And Tasty Apple Strudel Muffins
- Have You Ever Made Pear And Gorgonzola Pizza? It’s Time To Try!
- Famous Mama Stanka’s Apple Strudel
- Moussaka Recipe-Eggplant Casserole
- Don’t Miss Out This Fall Favorite Recipe-Pumpkin Gingerbread