Health Benefits Of Parsnip
Parsnip is a sweet, succulent underground taproot closely related to the carrot family of vegetables. They indeed have similar appearance and growth characteristics as other family members like carrots,parsley,celery,cumin,dill ,etc.
- Its sweet, juicy root is rich in several health-benefiting phyto-nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- It is one of the excellent sources of soluble and insoluble dietary fiber. 100 g root provides 4.9 mg or 13% of fiber. Adequate fiber in the diet helps reduce blood cholesterol levels, obesity and constipation conditions.
- Several research studies found that these compounds possess anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-cancer function and offer protection from colon cancer and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Fresh roots are also good in vitamin-C-provide about 17 mg or 28% of RDA. Vitamin-C is a powerful water-soluble anti-oxidant, easily available to us from natural sources. It helps the human body maintain healthy connective tissue, teeth, and gum. Its anti-oxidant property helps protect from diseases and cancers by scavenging harmful free radicals from the body.
- Further, the root is rich in many B-complex groups of vitamins such as folic acid, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamin, and pantothenic acid as well as vitamin K and vitamin E.
- In addition, it also has healthy levels of minerals like iron, calcium, copper, potassium, manganese and phosphorus. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure by countering effects of sodium.
Carrot,Pineapple And Parsnip Smoothie
Makes 300 ml
- 250 gr pineapple plus extra to serve
- 100 gr parsnip
- 100 gr carrot
- 75 ml soy milk
- ice cubes
- Peel the pineapple,remove the core and cut the flash into chunks.Juice the parsnips and carrots with pineapple.
- Transfer the juice to a food processor or blender,add the soy milk and some ice cubes and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into glasses,decorate with pineapple wedges and serve immediately.
For carrot,orange and banana smoothie, juice 150 g carrot with 100 gr orange.Process in a food processor or blender with 100 gr banana and 6 dried apricots.
- Pineapple Juice With Celery And Ginger
- Celery Juice With Pineapple And Grape
- Alfalfa With Pineapple Juice
- Pineapple As Keeper Of Our Health
- Did You Knew These Amazing Healing Powers Of Pumpkin