1/2 cup tomato paste
2 – 2 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
3 cups vegetable bouillon
1 (15-oz) can coconut milk
½ cup long-grain rice
1 (15-oz) can red kidney beans
sea salt and black pepper for the croutons
3 cups day-old bread cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then add the onion and cook over medium-high heat for 5–7 minutes until the onion is soft. Add the garlic, celery, carrots, peppers, bay leaves, and 2 teaspoons of paprika, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato juice, tomato paste and thyme leaves, then cook for 5 minutes. Add the bouillon, coconut milk, and rice. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and cook for another 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper before serving garnished with croutons.
- To make the croutons, toss the cubes of stale bread with the olive oil, 2 teaspoons of paprika, and thyme. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake at 375°F for 4–5 minutes until golden brown.
- Vegetable Soup That Soothes Your Soul
- Sunday Sauce Meatballs- Great Recipe In No Time!
- It Is So Easy,You’ll Make It As A Regular One:Tortillas With Tuna Salsa And Cheese
- Insanely Easy Meal-Stir Fry Vegetables In No Time!
- Amaranth Risotto With Mushrooms – Something Different To Try!