As we have earlier written, black rice can be used in variety of recipes and the most used are recipes as black rice salad. It is so grateful grain for usage and health, that you’ll want to stick to it more often. As it has been a great addition to any diet plan, here is one easy recipe for your menu. You can moderate it any way you please and we will leave it up to you.
Black Rice Salad With Kale And Beetroot
This salad is for 4-6 servings and preparation period is 2 hours since the black rice takes time to boil. It is not so complex recipe and you can always use black rice as a base for each salad you wish to make with any ingredients you would like to experiment.
1/2 kg of beetroot
2/3 rd cup of uncooked black rice
1 1/3 cup of water
1/2 cup of chopped pecans (you can use pistachios or baked almonds if you prefer)
2-3 cups shredded raw kale
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed flax-seed oil (you can use also extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard (whole grain)
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt (taste and if necessary add some more since it is quite salty)
- Some ground pepper to flavor up
- Boil 250 gr from the beets in salty water, and slice the other half (250 gr)to bake in preheated oven to 200 C for at least 1h
- Check them carefully(not to get burned) since they need to become crisp as chips.
- Use a medium pot to add the black rice, salt and 1 1/3 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 40 to 45 minutes. If needed add some water, therefore pay close attention to it
- Drain the rice and put it in a bowl
- Fluff with a fork
- Dice the boiled beets and add to boiled rice along with kale and pecans
- Add the dressing and if you need some more enhanced flavor from some ingredient, feel free to add and adjust them accordingly
- Top it over with crisp beet and that’s it…
Easy isn’t it?
- Simple Thanksgiving Salad-Roasted Pumpkin&Kale Combo
- Great Summer Dish: Bean And Artichoke Pasta Salad
- Caribbean Bean And Rice Soup
- Have You Tried This Amazing Citrus Chicken Salad? If Not, Now Its Time!
- Easy Carbonara Pasta Made In Just Minutes